Drive Chain need help

StevieN

Aug 11, 2012
Glasgow Scotland
Hi needing a bit of help, i'am building a blaster from the ground up

My question is(this might sound stupid) when i am buying a drive chain does it need to match up to the sprockets? eg primary drive sprockets and chain or can i have for instance a renthal front and primary drive rear and RK drive chain??

Its just i have a +4 swing arm so i will need a bigger chain than standard 92 link

I am going for 14/40 and i am needing a black rear sprocket to go with my colour combo, i have found that its a vortex 40t black rear

So am i right in saying that as long as the chain is a 520 any lengh it will work?? and i can cut it down?

Seen this and thought it was a good deal
Renthal 520 R-1 Works Chain | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

StevieN

you can mix and match quality sprockets and they should both be new to match your new chain,
a banshee chain fits right on my +4 swinger on my black bike, 13/40 gearing.
i order the same banshee chain and cut it down for the +2 on my white bike
you can also look at various chains on ebay and see they say "120 link, will need cut to fit"

you can mix and match quality sprockets and they should both be new to match your new chain,
a banshee chain fits right on my +4 swinger on my black bike, 13/40 gearing.
i order the same banshee chain and cut it down for the +2 on my white bike
you can also look at various chains on ebay and see they say "120 link, will need cut to fit"

Thanks man, so am i right in saying that any 520 chain will fit??

The only stupid question is the one that is not asked.

As Awk says, if you fit a new chain the sprockets must be new also, otherwise they will destroy each other.

The only stupid question is the one that is not asked.

As Awk says, if you fit a new chain the sprockets must be new also, otherwise they will destroy each other.

Thanks man, Ye i know about that one from reading on here, same question i asked AWK will 520 drive chain fit my quad??

Thanks man, so am i right in saying that any 520 chain will fit??

yep, a 520 chain is a 520 chain, and all sprockets are made to fit them
no difference in fit between o-ring and non o-ring...all the same