does all vitos cranks and 240 kits need to be wrk on

413blaster

Dec 29, 2010
is it really true there stuff needs to be worked on even when buying new from them i just bought the stroker crank and big bore kit

the crank definitely needs to be checked for trueness.

the other stuff needs to be looked over pretty well before slapping it together, but that goes for all aftermarket parts. and to get the most out of what you've gotten there, it needs to be ported

the crank definitely needs to be checked for trueness.

the other stuff needs to be looked over pretty well before slapping it together, but that goes for all aftermarket parts. and to get the most out of what you've gotten there, it needs to be ported

thanx how much to port it you think

totally depends on the builder. you'll have to talk to them to get quotes. having the head redesigned is also a good power adder.

brando beat me to it having the head redisghned is i good idea also dont forget the pipe and carb for some real ass kicking power

x3 on getting the crank checked to see if its properly balanced, porting usually runs a few hundred depending on the person that does it.

the vitos cranks are supposed to be trued from the factory.. i had conversations with them about this and they assured me there cranks will be true. not sure if i beleive it or not but the one i ordered was marked .0005 (.001 is within spec) i had asked them to double check it for me as i wasnt sure if there qc was up to par. still doesnt hurt to have it checked just be sure to use a crank puller to install it and not beat it in with a hammer. As for the topend you could send it to flotek, ken, or wildcard for porting and head redesign and mill. This will get the most out of it. Also be sure to get yourself a good forged piston with the topend kit and not the crappy cast one.