Do I need a new crank?

Shaka

Jan 8, 2011
Wilmington, NC
I'm rebuilding a blaster motor. I have new crank bearings and oil seals installed in the cases already. I was about to install the crank in the right side case and can wiggle it all the way in by hand without the use of my Tusk crank puller. The bearing interface on the crank appears to be fine. I've had this happen on another engine and the crank was polished where the bearing presses due to the crank spinning inside the race. Anyone have any input into whether or not I need to replace the crank? I really need to get this motor reassembled this week, but I don't want it to backfire on me down the road!

personaly i would spend the extra money on the crank. you don't go in the bottom end very often so might as well do it while ur there. when in doubt.... replace it!

good choice. if you know of a machine shop near you that will true that crank for you, you should have it done. new cranks don't come completely perfect. or have it shipped directly to kenoconnorracing. he will do it for you for a really reasonable price