do i have the right jetting??

Heat cycles have been done by my mechanic and he also retightened after break-in.

I will purchase a leak down tester this week and let you guys know the results.

I apologise for sounding harsh in my previous posts, that is my nature, sometimes it becomes my undoing.

Did your mech also advise you to ride at no more than 3/4 throttle for a couple of thanks of gas.

If your mechanic knew his stuff, he would have looked for the cause of the problem which blew your previous motor and then re jetted to correct the problem.

I didn't know this was going to turn into a leakdown thread. But this sounds like a lot of work just to find out if I have the proper jetting.

What is a plug chop and how is this used to determine proper jetting?

If you have an air leak you will never get the proper jetting, you will chase your tail until the cows come home.

Leak free is a must...Trust me..

I'll go and buy a leakdown test at the auto parts store this weekend and test.

No riding until you do!

Good.

2wr2fwo.jpg

Rich.

plug152mainmediumoi2.jpg

Plug chop.

Warm up motor to operating temp.

Fit new B8ES plug, ride through the gears and hold WOT in 5th or 6th gear for 10 seconds, or as long as you can safely.

Switch off the motor and pull in the clutch, roll to a stop.

Take the plug out and replace the old one for the ride home.

Carefully cut the threaded end off the plug to expose the insulator.

There should be a smoke ring of a cardboard or biscuit colour around the insulator.

If it is non existant or a very light colour, you are lean and require a larger main jet.

If it is a lot darker you are rich and may go down a size in main.

I prefer to run a little on the darker side, I may loose a little power but it is worth it for the peace of mind that I won't need a rebuild so soon.

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/plug-chop-how-vid-48226/

No riding until you do!

Good.

2wr2fwo.jpg

Rich.

plug152mainmediumoi2.jpg

Plug chop.

Warm up motor to operating temp.

Fit new B8ES plug, ride through the gears and hold WOT in 5th or 6th gear for 10 seconds, or as long as you can safely.

Switch off the motor and pull in the clutch, roll to a stop.

Take the plug out and replace the old one for the ride home.

Carefully cut the threaded end off the plug to expose the insulator.

There should be a smoke ring of a cardboard or biscuit colour around the insulator.

If it is non existant or a very light colour, you are lean and require a larger main jet.

If it is a lot darker you are rich and may go down a size in main.

I prefer to run a little on the darker side, I may loose a little power but it is worth it for the peace of mind that I won't need a rebuild so soon.

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/plug-chop-how-vid-48226/

thanks, I'll be sure to let you guys know what the outcome is