DIY rapid prototyping machine (COOLEST THING EVER!!!)

WebHome < Main < Reprap
a group of people have made an open source project with plans and software to make your own rapid prototyping machine, basically it's a 3-d printer. It uses molten plastic to make whatever you can design

That is amazing! Something likethat could spearhead a new science revolution as kids will become engineers and start building their own toys and other things. Could you imagine one day being able to scan a part that is obsolete or out of manufacture and build it yourself. great post!I:I

they were talking about a machine like this a few yrs ago that you setup on your land and could print a whole house into one solid piece. I'm pretty sure they were testing it somewhere awhile back. all you have to do is clear your land, setup machine and walk away and let the work begin. come back a few weeks later and your house is there minus inside work.

Next we are going to have machines that repair themselves. Then we will have intellegent machines. Then they will try to take over the world. Where have I heard this before? Just Kidding!!!!!!