Dirtbike

Josh_bodine

Oct 22, 2013
Indiana
Well I'm a huge yamaha fan, I currently have a 98 yamaha blaster quad I'm looking to trade for a bike. I have to serious trade offers and I can't choose. It may seem like a no brainier but like I said, I'm a huge yamaha fan? First trade is a 1999 yamaha yz 125... Basically stock an he says he doesn't know when the last rebuild was but it was over a year ago.. An I'd have to go to his house an get it which is an hour away. Next I have a 1999 Suzuki rm 125 the guy wants to trade an he would come to me! The rm has a pro circuit pipe and silenced, kohen carb, new top end (5 hours) w/ la sleeve Wiesco piston and rings, new gasket kit, new twin air filter, very strong we'll taken care of. I know it's probably obvious I should go with the rm but I love yamaha lol whats your opinions on the two bikes.. Ill be jumping an little trail riding.. Only am wanting a 2 stroke bike so don't say I should get otherwise. Thanks everyone!

This just in! The yz shifter is slightly stripped in the shaft.. He stuck some wires in there to help it.. It works fine, just something to note.

YZ 125
That's the yz

I would to with the RM if he can prove work done. I get the impression the YZ has been beat and not taken care of. I think the YZ guy is talking sh*t about it ever being rebuilt.

i wont buy or take anything mechanical from a guy that fixes stripped splines by "sticking wires" in it. think about some of the other "fixes" that may have taken place on that bike... i would prefer yamaha too but maybe its best to hold off for a yamaha you want. the yz has stock rear spring, so if your over 150lbs your gonna need to get the suspension done for your weight, prob a good idea given the age anyway, factor that into your decision, chain looks questionable in the pics too

did the chain happen to pop off and take the shifter and possibly case out and its been repaired?

The yz needs tires, a new shift shaft and probably a complete rebuild. I would stay away. His asking price will double with repair.