DIRECT FIT. or NOT DIRECT FIT.

suprex

Dec 3, 2007
Nashville, TN
www.suprexmusic.com
i see so many people asking if one part from this quad or that quad will fit a blaster.... they ask if it is a direct fit or requires modding.

i would LOVE to see a sticky thread of "does fit", "will fit with modding" and "does not fit"

if people were required to upload a photo with their blaster with the part in question we could eliminate the neverending "well, i hear it fits...but, i don't know"

for example...:

banshee front shocks ----> direct fit
250R rear shock ---------> fits with modification (with link to DIY)
yfz 450 a-arms ----------> ???? ( once someone proves/disproves the"???" changes to show the appropriate answer)

i would just really like to see a section or thread with definite anDswers as to what will fit and what will not. it's why i joined this forum... i want to upgrade my blaster but not kill my bank account.

any thoughts?

anything made for the blaster is a direct fit

Edit: just joking

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like a great idea, 400ex and warrior rear shocks fit with some modification

Anything fits.

I can weld up mounts and stick a hemi in If I have too. Don't think it would be real comfy.

A

OH

My bad.

Here's one. I have been doing handle bar controls. ALL controls from anything are interchangeable on the same diameter handle bar. From Scwinn bicycle bells (for you yellow bus folks) to resi's for disc brakes from a Kawasaki.

Was one of those "duh" moments. Pretty much anything made for 7/8ths pipes will mount up. Cable, wire, tubes are the only fitting.

A=))

If a Banshee axle works . . . do you have to use banshee hubs?
I almost bought a banshee axle but had heard the same ol' crap on the forum.

Maybe needs different:
axle nuts,
brake disk,
hubs,
etc.

Then with different hubs, it escalated to different rims.

The money was adding up fast. Confusion set in and I proceeded taking parts advice from my local shop owner. I completely agree with suprex. If you find yourself arguing over 'blaster beating other quads' and 'four-strokes suck,' stay out of the part-based threads. Leave the wrenching and parts talk to the one who buys your parts . . . Daddy! I came to this forum for ideas, advice and help.

My advice:
Just like your broken blaster . . . 'If you don't know, leave it alone.'
*I can back this info up!*

Thanks for your informative posts:

Randelator
Oldfart
ibwd
jlsparky
Resto

yes blaster and banshee hubs are interchangable on the axles because the blaste axle is known as the poor mans drag banshee axle.. i will buy a shee axle first chance and tell you all how it goes and a 400ex rear shock and shee front shocks

i see so many people asking if one part from this quad or that quad will fit a blaster.... they ask if it is a direct fit or requires modding.

i would LOVE to see a sticky thread of "does fit", "will fit with modding" and "does not fit"

if people were required to upload a photo with their blaster with the part in question we could eliminate the neverending "well, i hear it fits...but, i don't know"

for example...:

banshee front shocks ----> direct fit
250R rear shock ---------> fits with modification (with link to DIY)
yfz 450 a-arms ----------> ???? ( once someone proves/disproves the"???" changes to show the appropriate answer)

i would just really like to see a section or thread with definite anDswers as to what will fit and what will not. it's why i joined this forum... i want to upgrade my blaster but not kill my bank account.

any thoughts?

I know for a fact that Banshee Front shocks fit...I have them on one of mine. They are truely a nice modification!

banshee axle is a direct fit, shocks are as well, you can also change the whole front spindle setup and convert to banshee brakes on older models also one of the things i do first to any blaster, is a banshee steering stem "is direct fit" and sets the bars up a bit where i like them and looks a lil better as well. banshee and blaster front wheels are the same, and back hubs can be switched out no problem, I keep both around and either will fit the others axle directly. along time ago I had a buddy that I beleive used banshee lower A-arms and cambered it but I personally Do not know what he had to do.

i figured this would be the right place to post this.

if i were to buy banshee front A arm and brake set up tie rods ect. would it fit up perfect cuz i cant weld and "minor modifications" i dont have the capabilities. would this work?
i want the shee front set up for a wider stance

i hear the banshee axle carrier and that stuff is a fit.. just swap the hubs so im thinking about doing that to that way my rear and my front ends are symetricaly the same length so i dont have turnin issues. does this DEFFINANTLY WORK?

i was thinking about mounting warrior shocks up to the shee a arms and the blaster frame because they are -2 inches in hight so lowering sounds good
is this a direct fit with NO modifications?

as for the swing arm im gunna keep it stock i love wheelying down 17k by my friends house riding along side of cars its funny seeing the ppl look at me like im a complete ass hahhahaaha thats the glory of being a 16 year old boy (or a kick ass adult) hah

as for tires i know shee front tires work heres where i find out all about tire sizes---
ATV Tire and Wheel Size Application Chart

now back to the front banshee assy will my stock front brake cables (2003 model) line up with the shee brakes?

as for the rear shock i think il keep that stock too i know how to throw it pretty well of little jumps (i think its called preloading like when ur shocks are soft and worn in so you can spring off of them like off jumps)

will a stock intake manifold mount up to a vitos big bore?

will all of the above part swap out make a blaster unstable or too low?

thanks guys i figured this would be a great place for these questions since the more answers u guys gime the more ppl will know what is a direct fit!
once again thanks

well i know warrior front shocks wont fit so just go with banshee ones much better anyways for the rear shock i would put a 400ex and for big bore i wouldent doubt it because it should fit no problem

yes 450 shock work, but, heres the catch, you need the diamond j's widening kit, or you need long travel a-arms, you might be able to run a lowering kit in the front and use the shocks but im not sure, it will fit w/ the wide kit or long travel arms

wwarrior rear hubs work on stock axel, i bought them cause the blaster hubs are uncommon spacing. raptor 660 rims work on warrior hubs... i dont know if that nugget of info has significance here or no though =P

trx450r bars work on stock blaster steering stem.

yes 450 shock work, but, heres the catch, you need the diamond j's widening kit, or you need long travel a-arms, you might be able to run a lowering kit in the front and use the shocks but im not sure, it will fit w/ the wide kit or long travel arms

will they fit with 2+ a arms? i cant remember if it was 2+ or 3+ that they will work with

i had to get the shock conversion kit for my 450 shocks to work! if u get +2 aarms they will probably be for the stock blaster shocks, not yfz 450 shocks, depends on where the shock mounts are!