Digging up info on a TRI-Z 250, any help is appreciated.

'00 WO-YA!

Dec 5, 2011
In the Shenandoah Valley
K, so back in the day, 12 years or so ago my cuz had a super cool & pretty nice (overall) black/red Tri-Z. Things were different back then, not as much internet support like these forums & ebay so even though it needed little, it was let go. Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes.
Now, we've come across some pieces parts to one, it's a basket case but the majority & I wanna emphasize "majority" of it is there, minus the gold mine, the engine:( so I'm trying to figure out what YZ stuff Will transplant. I've read that the early water cooled 250 is pretty much the same but was powervalved & obviously had rearward kick vs where the YTZ had fwd kick & was not powervalved. I've also read that the YZ side cases are pretty much the same & that if I can find a bottom end that the YZ top with piston bolts right onto the YTZ stuff.
So I guess this is where I'm at, it's been 12 years since we had this machine, wish I'd have bought it back in the day & hoarded it away but retrospect is 20/20, whatever, the point is, who knows these 2 engines well enough to help me piece together the right parts to put a cool ass machine back together? How do I make a YZ engine work as fwd kick, how do I make the powervalved setup work, stuff like this? There's tons of TRI-Z stuff still available on ebay but since it's a 2 yr machine finding the engine parts are gonna be the hardest. Help!!