Died and wont start

fsuroxu

Jan 26, 2010
Hartselle, AL
My friend rode my Blaster down to the end of the block and back. When he got back, pulling into my driveway, it died. He got off and when I got on and tried to start it, it won't start or even try to start. We tied a rope from his 330ex to my Blaster. He pulled me around the yard and it will start and run fine until I let off the throttle, when it promptly goes dead. Got gas, air, and spark. I am thinking my pilot jet is clogged. What do you guys think?

check the compression. since you had and air leak (if this is the same bike) its probably time to do a top end

dude the same thing happened to me i was riding and it was running fine and it just died when i let of the trottle couldnt kick start it but it pull started. anyway long story short i checked compression had none pulled the jug... piston rings broke new top end on the way so i would start with compression test

Check the reeds, the blaster we bought had this problem wouldn't start, but would run if you pulled it behind something and hold the throttle basically wide open, We checked the reeds and it was missing a couple.

I will check the reeds first and hope I find something. Just one thing to add. If I hold the throttle while I kick it, about every 5 times I kick, it will backfire. Does that tell anyone anything? I don't have a compression tester nor do I know how to make one. I will put that off until last.

i have the same prob with mine new piston new rings it gets gas an air it has spark but won't fire when i kick it any suggestions? i checked the reeds an they're fine too. please help