did some fabbing today

Feb 18, 2010
Texas
took a little time off from the blaster to build some stuff that i have been wanting for my truck. been wanting some bed rails and some n-fab wheel to wheel nerf bars so i found a place that sells just about any metal you need and got to work and this is what i ended up with. what do yall think? i hate paying out tha a$$ for something i can build for dirt cheap. i have 31 bucks in the bed rails and they are 150 to 200 bucks new and the nerfs depending on where you get em are 4 to 600 and i have 75 bucks in them

2rcwg10.jpg

added the first 2 steps

2gtyfxe.jpg

3rd step for getting in the tool box

24oqc1d.jpg

took em off finished all the welds and threw a coat of paint on em till i can either get em powdercoated or im gonna do em in bed liner not sure yet

hu0d5d.jpg

here is what the bedrails started as, actually i already cut the pipe to length before this pic but u get the picture

25kn2uv.jpg

finished product

2vnfkmu.jpg

2n83r41.jpg

nice work man, i would vote for bedliner on the steps, the texture would be nice if you have muddy/wet shoes or boots.

i might have to build some steps like that for my chebby

thanks.. the bedliner is cheaper too lol. for the steps im still not done with them. ill put a 2.5" piece of diamond plate aluminum to make it a flat surface to step on instead off the round tubes

looks great. i am SURE you know this but i hope you disconnected the battery while welding on the truck. i SEEN it happen at work. someone welded there exhaust and fried there ECM

looks great. i am SURE you know this but i hope you disconnected the battery while welding on the truck. i SEEN it happen at work. someone welded there exhaust and fried there ECM

Yeah had it disconnected just in case. I never welded while it was connected to the truck just a few tacs to hold everything in place and I removed em for the full welds.

Thanks for the compliments I really like em

They look sweet!!Nice job.I would make a set for my truck but the weld won't stick to rust.lol I vote for spray on bedliner also.

sick work bro, so nice.....you could easily fab and sale those !!!!

build me a set for my titan, except all i want is the round tube from door to door not the single steps, id take a set of bed rails too if u wanted to make em, it looks sick, like the powerstroke...any mods?

build me a set for my titan, except all i want is the round tube from door to door not the single steps, id take a set of bed rails too if u wanted to make em, it looks sick, like the powerstroke...any mods?

Only mods so far is a Bullydog PMT programmer goes from stock to 140 hp tune. Gonna get some 60 horse injectors and arp headstuds and im done with it lol.

I could build you some easily but only problem is I don't have your pickup to mock a set up or atleast to make the mounts. I could do the bed rails tho them I could do without a truck. I may have some sold on another hunting forum im on a bunch of those guys are near me.

My next project will be a rear bumper and add another rail to my bullnose bumper.

Last edited:
i could get u measurements for the step sides, we could figure it out, lol yeah i got a bunch of crap done to mine, jim wolf s2 cams, volant cold air intake, bullydog gt tuner, gibson dual side exit 3" exhaust,upgraded to 09 intake manifold, the list goes on... next is headers...and a 98mm pgm throttle body(900bucks!!) lol wife wont like that one too much

well i do have egr delete kit, 4 inch turbo back exhaust forgot about those lol and need to upgrade to a cold air intake. i wish i could get my hands on a turbo from an early 03 model 6.0 diesel, them turbos sound like a jet when idling.

i could prolly build the bars with the right measurments, the hardest part would be getting the mounts right to where u could just bolt em on because the way i built mine is tucked within a half inch from tounching the bottoms of the doors but im sure i could do it. i bet shipping would be expensive tho. the bars without the steps are called harley bars, they look pretty good

Reactions: blasterfreek30
got a little extra time yesterday so i added a couple bars to the bullnose bumper. got some 1 3/4 OD pipe and cut a few angles till it was close enough and welded it up. sure hated to grind that nice powdercoat off but i like the look a little better.

started with this

21eqmx1.jpg

finished product

1zexlj4.jpg

2hia2pl.jpg

couple pics of some welds

v80ymc.jpg

19kxzk.jpg

here is my next project as soon as i can find a 7 foot piece of 4" schedule 40 pipe, i talked to this guy and snapped a few shots for reference. i wont be building mine with this low of a drop tho, i will only go with a 10 inch drop so i can still use my factory towing and not the bumper. this one is a 14" drop

5catcx.jpg

Last edited: