diamond j kit.

i can read just fine and i do understand what he is trying to say, but IMO moving out the a-arms doesnt not change the geometry on the blaster.
the blaster has a terrible suspension stock and that is prolly why long a-arms feel so much better then the stockers because they change the geometry for the better...
but anyways im threw arguing over some kit....no more arguing deal??
longer arms dont change the geometry...the dj kits move the mounting point. moving teh mounting point does change the geometry which is why the tie rod angle is different than it was stock. with longer arms the tie rod angle remains the same and still works with the arms as it should.

i know i've said this before.....

The diamond j kit that has the shock conversion for yfz450 style shocks...They sell just the shock mount the has multipal mounting points for the shocks. It will lower your front too with stock shocks. I know they work with longer arms, but don't know about stock and trust you more than asking them.
hmm... never seen that setup.. youi got a link or a pic?

Haha, you guys are too much. The DJ shock mounts I just checked and they work with longer arms, but yfz450 arms should bolt right up with +3+1's right? I know a/m shocks are best and DJ widening kits are trash (I'm not a lost cause). The shee axle I meant the pre 03, not 93. I know you'd need a shee brake hub, but how'd you modify the caliper. 03 (04) blasterboy can swap it right in with his 04. I'm not trying to jack his thread, sorry if I did a little. I think for his budget though a banshee axle and offset a/m rims would be better than the DJ kit and spacers right? How about the extended rear wheel hubs that mount on the blaster axle and change the bolt pattern to 4-115 like the shees? I know 4-115=new rear rims...Just trying to help the kid out and learn myself.

Samolia it DOES change the geometry..

I think the problem is your seeing the kit as extra lenght for the a-arms where in reality it is not. What it does is make your front FRAME WIDER!(NOT THE A-ARMS, FRAME!)

F
R
A
M
E

Thus resulting in changin the geometry of the quad. Think of it as adding the front frame of a utility quad to the blaster to make it wider. If you still dont get it i agree with 370,lost cause.

It doesnt get any more simple than this.

i give up......

x2

i personally would do a wheel flip and shee axle..they may steer funny at 1st. but idk. also with an 04 you have to change the valve stem for a wheel flip. it hits something...you have to make it shorter....

If he plans on racing he can get wider offset alloy's and sell the stockers or keep 'em as spares. I'm only wishing I knew more before buying my 01. All I knew was the plastics changed in 03. Oh well I can't complain for $400, piped spare rims/paddles, bored and uni.

bets bet for a pre 03 blaster is to buy a 03-up carrier. then the shee caliper bolts right on. youi modify the brake pedal or pick up a 03-up brake pedal and then you gott tack a couple master cyl mounts to your frame... you can pick the 03-up carriers pretty cheap.. i;ve not messed with teh extended hubs.. i almosttought about trying a set on one of my shees that i havent; found a good deal on and axle for yet.. i won;t buy a g force.. i saw rockstars come out of teh box bent.. screw that.

would the wheel flip really make it wide enough up front to run a shee axel?, if so me and my dad could just put some cheap metal, 90 degree angle valvestems that clear everything and a shee axel, cool, what do you mean by steer funny, would it be harder to steer or just feel different?

Maybe a little bumpsteer. You can probably pick up some cheap offest front rims. I saw some short stems at autozone this morning though for like $2 a pair. Any other way to fab the caliper so I can keep my brakes? I don't wanna upgrade them just yet since I'll probably sell it soon. For my riding they work fine. I just ride dry canals and small jumps by the river here. Only get it outta 2nd when I get on the straight dirt rodes, other than that I'm in
2nd.

I would guess the wheel flip would be enough and you can always update rims/tires later. Avoid the spacers and DJ kit though. Get what you can a little at a time and before you know it you'll have sponsors giving you stuff and all the girls will want you.

Maybe a little bumpsteer. You can probably pick up some cheap offest front rims. I saw some short stems at autozone this morning though for like $2 a pair. Any other way to fab the caliper so I can keep my brakes? I don't wanna upgrade them just yet since I'll probably sell it soon. For my riding they work fine. I just ride dry canals and small jumps by the river here. Only get it outta 2nd when I get on the straight dirt rodes, other than that I'm in
2nd.

another way you could get away with flipping the rims would be too drill a new hole on the other side of the rim and and put a valve stem in it, and for the origonal valve stem hole just put the origonal valve stem in there backwards..

would i need offset rims though or would the wheel flip be enough?

flipped wheels are kinda like having offset rims...
the thing you gatta watch out for is when your running over small obsticles (spelling?) cause the wheel flip puts more leavorage on the spindles, it will make it feel like the handle bars are trying to jerk out of your hands (when you run over roots and pot holes)

flipped wheels are kinda like having offset rims...
the thing you gatta watch out for is when your running over small obsticles (spelling?) cause the wheel flip puts more leavorage on the spindles, it will make it feel like the handle bars are trying to jerk out of your hands (when you run over roots and pot holes)

"Bumpsteer"? The DJ kit will give you more. You can even weld the old holes closed, but they'll be gone for good if you change them back. I would just get shorter stems, but it's all preference. My 01 wheels are reversed and I can still air them up just fine. One thing I think we'll all agree on though is to stay away from spacers and the DJ kit. Reverse the fronts, get a shee axle and save up for an extended swingarm. Then get a arms, again, just my
$0.02.

i don't need a swingarm, just a way to widen but now that you say it i mght invest in a +2 swingarm so i can keep my front wheels down, while racing.

i thik he meant extended a arms... as for the swinger.. shorter wheel base quads turn tigher, and hook better..