Diamond J Customs Widening Kit

cyphertext69

Sep 30, 2007
Leonardtown, (Southern) Maryland
I seen a member on this forum that has a set of the Diamond J Customs A-Arms extensions but I am very curious about these. They seem like a good deal but I am not sure why people wouldn't be buying more of them.

On their website, they claim they race with them all the time. Just out of curiousity, can anyone provide any insight to them?

http://www.diamondjcustoms.com/new/widening/yamaha/blaster-200.htm

Dude, they are a great product. As soon as i can afford the mula, i will be purchasing them.

If you know anything about engineering, you'll know they are perfect upgrade. Sure they may not be as pretty as a new set of +3 a arms, but all in all, they will do the exact same job, and just hurt your wallet less!

extended a arms are better, the farther the pivot point from the center of the frame, the worse the handling is

has anyone tried them? just wondering if they'll hold up to the abuse. i just need something to make the bike more stable. nothing too crazy just stable and wont break.

hmm...never thought of it that way, but what about the increased stability?

yes it will be wider but it will affect bump steer and you are not getting any more travel unless you get the shock conversion kit but i do not beleive it increases any more travel. Example: the new kfx's a arms are mounted on the same tube, makign them very close together. This increases travel and handling

the widening kit with a shock conversion kit is the best way to do it. you can use 400ex fronts, yfa450 fronts and many many others..

mine is very stable.. extremely stable.

it holds up to anything that i have put it through.

I have had the diamond j kit on my blaster for over two years now and have yet to have a problem with breakage, bending, or even a bolt loosening up. It handles fine to me...and you can use your stock shocks, but I got the shock conversion kit as well & I am using works pro piggyback front shocks for the raptor 660. It will give you about 1 1/4" more travel with the longer shocks.

Not to pick any fights but the handling doesnt get "worse" Moving the pivot point out decreases reaction time required for suspension movement.
About the shock angle that kit keeps the stock shock angles and should require that same amount of force to compress the suspension.
If the angle was changes you could either expect quicker reaction(more straight up shock) or slower reation and more progressive travel(more laid down).

keep in mind you also need to think about caster,kickup(rake), roll center and akerman when talkin front ends

handling does get worse in the sense that if your front suspension compresses during a turn your wheels will actually steer less. normaly this isnt a problem if you are the kind of person that breaks the rear end loose around corners, but the less experienced crowd will not get the same turning radius as they would on a stock machine. the more the suspension compresses, the larger the radius will get.

steering will also be affected when going stright and hitting bumps. your front wheels will constantly be moving in and out (left and right) because you are moving the pivot point of the a- arm further from the pivot point of the steering arm. idealy you want the two diffrent pivot points on the same vertical plane to eliminate this issue. As mentioned above if you look at the new KFX you will see a great example of design in regards to eliminating this as they have the pivot points of their upper and lower a-arms and steering rods all aligned.

your average rider will not notice enough of a diffrence to care. if you want to realize just how bad it is, get used to a blaster with the widening kit and then go get on a friends KFX and feel the diffrence.