detonation/ needle adjust help

B

bluestang

I milled my head down .015. Im running 93 octane, but it was still predetonating it seemed. It may still be lean but ill get to that later in the post. What octane is everyone else running?

And, i also went .060 over so i put in new main jets because it was running way lean. Now the mid range is lean, but im not sure where the clip is to raise the needle up. Thanks for the help.

i run 93 too, the clips on the needle are in that bottle cap assembly where the throttle cable comes in the carb, there's two screws under the spring, and once those are out the needle will slide out.

Reactions: 1 person
what jet sizes are you running......do a compression check and see where you are at then you can judge your octane. im ran c12 in my old motor which had .02 mill and p&p, 155psi. i never had a prob i was told 50/50 mix w/ race fuel was fine but just ran straight anyways. also where do you get your gas that can be a key factor. some places just have not as good gas.

Thanks for the info. I found the clip yesterday and got it adjusted right. As for the octane, i bought some fresh 93 and mixed in a little octane booster until i can get away from school to go buy some good stuff. Its working fine. Ill check the compression though. Im curious to know what it is anyway...