Desperatly need help please!!!!!!!!

steve3472

Jan 22, 2010
ok so i get my blasters electrical problems solved and now when i fire it up it runs good but when i put it into gear (no matter what gear) the bike goes backwards. What can be causeing this and is this something that i will have to spilt the case in order to fix. also it did this everytime i started the bike.
Thanks for any help in this matter.

ok i know the key as if it sheered it would start at all i would think. but i could be wrong as im not a rocket scientist lol

ok i know the key as if it sheered it would start at all i would think. but i could be wrong as im not a rocket scientist lol

it would still start but would just run backwards lol, if you dont get it fixed anytime soon you could at least tell people you have reverse lol

It could start. Right now your timing is a 180 degrees out that is why it is running backwards. A 2 stock can do that........

i had just put the whole stator assembly in does anyone have a picture so i can see if mine is in the right position, as my bike didnt have it when i got it thanks

i had just put in the stator assembly, so is there a pic of one that is in its propper position as the manual i have doesnt show a proper picture of it. thanks

Here is a pic from my manual the as the left of the pic being the front of the motor.

photoMA28531507-0001.jpg

that is the same pic as the one in my book but i guess i was more or less looking for a pic of one on a bike so i could see the positioning as i can see how it is possible to put it on backwards, also is it possible that a gear inside could have messed up either on the transmission or in the area where the kick starter is that could have caused it thanks

ok so after some more research today found out that the 03 on up blasters with the 5 wire design changed the location of the woodruff key so that the timeing is different than an 02 on down models makeing it important to make sure that you have the right stator plate on it which now means haveing to buy a new assembly on monday.

Anyone know of a good place to buy a non-adjustable timing one basically a stock one brand new thanks

ok now that ive finally figured out the problem now to get a solution does anyone with a 2003+ blaster have an extra stator assembly that the can either donate or have cheap, i have the new primary coil so if yours isnt to hot thats fine thanks

HAHAHAHAHAHA i love it when people bring this up lololol, yup its the old woodruff key issue. can you get some vids of bangin gears in reverse before you fix it??