Design plans for front fenders

mikecollins9576

Sep 23, 2009
Hey all I'm new here and am looking to make some custom fenders from sheet metalI:I. I was just wondering if anybody has or has seen some actual plans for them.

Thanks for your help,
Mike

yeah, better hope your quad dont end up on top of you...
because it would hurt alot more then usual

Thanks for the concern guys but I am a certified pipe fitter and a professional safety man I know to roll the edges and would then likely put a guard around it like on the fenders of a truck really just need the plans I've been looking everywhere Sheet metal was also just a first idea might go with fiberglass or any other material open to suggestions

if i were u i would look at after market plastics for other bikes and mesh together ur favorite concepts of every one. and make a blue print for urself and do some welding and cutting. thats ur best bet

Im sure it would look awesome and thats some great ingenuity, but that sheet metal would be like a razor! Especially if you used the "305 cuts" (cuts that Mr. 305 got). I wouldnt mind seeing a sheet metal gas tank cover though.... Oh ya rolled edges!! cool..

Do you already have the plastic fenders you could work off of, to use for a template?

Thanks for all the feed back so far, looking for more great ideas

No I don't have orig plastics I bought it without them going to try and use paper board to fold and cut out a design like OCC does with tanks and fenders and use wire to make it hold shape then take the wire off flatten it out and cut it out that way.

if you are thinking about the carbon overlay.......DO NOT do it like that link. he used the wrong resin and second he didn't prep correct .

if you are going to use carbon, make a mold of the original and fab a brand new part that will be strong but again it has no flex and will crack on a rollover or a large branch. lots of work and money for material down the drain

check out racingcomposites.net you have to become a member tho