Cylinder IT200=YFS200 ???

BaBarossa

Aug 12, 2007
Germany, near Ulm
Hi,

I've googled a long time and found the old Yamaha enduro IT200. The engine is 6-speed and the bore is 66x57 mm. Someone said, that it makes 37 HP in stock with a 34mm carb. Is this the same cylinder as the one from our Blaster???

BaBa

Dt 200 engine complete is a direct bolt on, you cannot just bolt the cyclinder on a blaster engine you gotta have a waterpump which the dt200 lower end has. I just bought a dt200 engine and will soon be starting the rebuild and install in a blaster. A wr200 engine and a dt230 are also direct bolt ins but they are very hard to find also they were never sold in the usa, try canada, australia, south america and europe. you will get 34 hp with the dt200 engine not the it200 sorry.

Last edited:
the IT200 cylinder is a direct bolt on, I have done it before....

Dt 200 engine complete is a direct bolt on, you cannot just bolt the cyclinder on a blaster engine you gotta have a waterpump which the dt200 lower end has. I just bought a dt200 engine and will soon be starting the rebuild and install in a blaster. A wr200 engine and a dt230 are also direct bolt ins but they are very hard to find also they were never sold in the usa, try canada, australia, south america and europe. you will get 34 hp with the dt200 engine not the it200 sorry.

But what's that?
WikiAnswers - How much horse power does a 1984 Yamaha IT200 have

Im not sure about that one, your going to have to do some measurements before you proceed. or maybee ask on the website called "everything 2 stroke". if you need to go look at one for sale and make measurements of the yz 250.