cylinder boring

d.shook3

Dec 15, 2010
west virginia
i am buying a blaster from my buddy for 100bucks tomorrow its blown up and is going to need a fresh bore does anybody know how much it cost to ship a cylinder out to ken to get a fresh bore?

about 75 bucks for the shipping... i dont know how much he charges to do a cylinder bore. but you would be better off to take it to a local shop for just an engine bore... basically any engine shop should be able to do it. itll be cheaper and its an easy job. now if you want to get it ported and that then send it to ken or wildcard or flotek

about 75 bucks for the shipping... i dont know how much he charges to do a cylinder bore. but you would be better off to take it to a local shop for just an engine bore... basically any engine shop should be able to do it. itll be cheaper and its an easy job. now if you want to get it ported and that then send it to ken or wildcard or flotek

my local machine shop is outragous on pricing they want 70 dollars to bore it and they already fu*ked up the bore on one of my go kkart engines and ken charges 40 to bore

Ken has his prices listed on his website.

He does fine work, I had him bore a cylinder for me about a month ago. It came back in great shape and would recommend his work. The problem is, his bread and butter business is motocross bike engines and all the guys are getting ready for the season right now. I heard about a week ago he was back logged for about 3 weeks. That may have changed this past week but I figure he's probably more back logged, not less.

If a local machine shop screwed up a bore for you on something else, run away from them. The blaster has to have tighter tolerances than a go-kart engine to begin with and if they can't get that right, RUN!

Price really isn't an issue if they charge about $70 to bore. Going rate is about $40-$45 dollars but shipping is probably about $25 round trip. Nearly the same price. If you can wait, call one of the builders and drop it in the mail.

I thought your price sounded about right but I thought you meant shipped instead of shipping. It will run about $75 shipped to get it bored out but the schedule is the biggest issue right now.

If a local shop cant even bore a cylinder right then theres a problem...try somewhere else...i try and stay with the not so big named shops around town...better service and prices 90% of the time...

and buying a blaster for $100??? wish i could find a deal like that...

for me to ken it was 35 to ship, 150 for porting, 60 for the head mod, 5 for hone, 35 for return shipping and like 110 for a new piston and gasket set. not too bad. i just hope it will be well worth it when i get it back.

i ship my cylinders to ken, usps priority for $29, a whole motor ups'd was $49, and that was with $500 insurance
thats from pa to ct.

well worth those few dollars to know it is done to perfection !!!!!!
my local shop charged me $15 more to bore it the first time, and it was over bored by
.005, dumbasses,
ken caught that when i sent it in for porting, $120 wiseco down the drain

I can turn a bore out a lot quicker than three weeks. I push the small jobs out faster. Engines and porting tend to fall into the three week time slot. Shipping is about $25 round trip and I can get it out in less than a week.

I can turn a bore out a lot quicker than three weeks. I push the small jobs out faster. Engines and porting tend to fall into the three week time slot. Shipping is about $25 round trip and I can get it out in less than a week.

three weeks is a very good turn around time on engine and portwork!

Ken your vids are very helpful! keep up the great work, thank you