custom intake (mikuni 32 into stock airbox)

It is not a bad thing to run 1 jet size bigger than you need, the loss in power cannot be felt with an ass dyno, and it gives peace of mind that you will not cook your piston.

If you do not over richen, worry not about fouling plugs.

I run 25:1 bean oil, and always jet just on the rich side and I have yet to foul a plug.

im going to dial her in nice for the 30 degree weather weve been having. and then see how far rich she gets come summer and have to jet even lower when i go riding up the mountains this summer haha. going from 30 degrees at 200 feet elevation to 80+ degrees at 5000 feet elevatoin. and then rejet every time i come and go... my next quad is going to be fuel injected!

If re-jetting is going to be often I would be getting hold of another carby ready set up with the correct jetting and just swap carbs.

Are you aware that you are able to simulate a one size jet change by altering the oil to fuel ratio.

yes i just have not done the math to actually figure out how much extra oil i would have to run to lean out the mixture. wouldnt that just foul plugs though? i saw your post about running 25:1 without fouling but idk if that would work for me

im going to dial her in nice for the 30 degree weather weve been having. and then see how far rich she gets come summer and have to jet even lower when i go riding up the mountains this summer haha. going from 30 degrees at 200 feet elevation to 80+ degrees at 5000 feet elevatoin. and then rejet every time i come and go... my next quad is going to be fuel injected!

No need to rejet so often. Get a Lectron.. really no muss and fuss with altitude changes.. Jet it and forget it!.. Reminds me of that infomercial back in the day lol.. Check into a Lectron if your altitude and temps are changing allot for your riding. There not affected like other carbs with those changes..

i looked into them, but its just more money i dont have right now.

i pulled out my brothers old 250ex and swapped for the itp holeshots off the rear because mine werent holding air. we're planning to get rid of it soon because the motor went to the "shop" and never came back. and by shop i mean some shady guy who was going to fix it. so im going to look into whether or not the front spindles are interchangeable. so i could have the matching wheels from the front anddddd the hydro brakes setup. but im not too hopeful for that because it doesnt look promising.

So i now officially have one holeshot on my bike after an hour of filing. Tomorrow I'm going to fit the other one. It's weird. 24 spline, it's just like a 16th smaller than my axle spline, and i modified the Honda hub, not my axle.

yes i just have not done the math to actually figure out how much extra oil i would have to run to lean out the mixture. wouldnt that just foul plugs though? i saw your post about running 25:1 without fouling but idk if that would work for me
Changing the ratio from 32:1 to 25:1 leans it out about one jet size.

If the AFR is correct the oil will take care of itself and be burnt.

good to know. thanks. it went from 30 to 55 degrees outside and now my tuning is out the window haha.. looks like i have a lot to do tomorrow