custom grab bar?

well dude trust me you arent on any tighter budget than me, i need a new carb and i only have $150, i wouldnt make one because it would be pretty heavy but whatever floats your boat

not steel! find a light alloy metal. i have a custom grab bar as well not sure what its made out of but its verrryyyy light and strongggg

i have a self made grabe bar but its not custom , more like ghetto, i put it together with som rusty scrapmetal and smebolt, i wrapped it in blue tape to make it look good, it split apart in the middle, but if u have nice steel and wanna polish it and bend or weld its it totally works, we make em really long so they act like a wheelie bar too

i'd suggest finding a piece of rebar about 8-10 inches long for the part that actualy hits the ground then find some steal and use that to mount it, of course you would have to weld the rebar on but i've seen it done with a z400

im making mine atm with 1/2in rebar itsw gonna be like a six pack so i can carry stuff and wraping it in extended metal no that heavy...

I have used L shaped steel to made a grab bar and it is pretty heavy but really strong i never had it bend or break

Why not pick up a used stocker off of Ebay?

exactly....you can fine used stock bars on ebay for like $10 bucks or less, ive seen a ton of em on there....or save up the cash and buy a nice aluminum one from PB...ive never cared for homemade steel bumpers and bars..there heavey and unless you got good fabrication skills youll be able to tell its getto !!!...just my opinion..but if your good with metekl work like some people are then have at it !

Mine is 3 seperate peices welded together. i cut the 2 pieces sticking out from the bike at a 45 degree angle so the cross piece would drag when I go 12 oclock. Ill try to post a pic

exactly....you can fine used stock bars on ebay for like $10 bucks or less, ive seen a ton of em on there....or save up the cash and buy a nice aluminum one from PB...ive never cared for homemade steel bumpers and bars..there heavey and unless you got good fabrication skills youll be able to tell its getto !!!...just my opinion..but if your good with metekl work like some people are then have at it !

Yeah, what he said. A SMS grab bar holds it's own too. Trust me I know lol I:I

Get to know a welder lol. The material itself is dirt cheap, it's the labor that cost the $$$$. A friend welded up my +2 over stock grab bar for the sum of nothing I:I

My steel one is maybe 2 lbs heavier than stock. It is way more durable after having drug it on pavement and dirt. I got the materials for free and welded it up in about 20 minutes. I would take function over looks anyday

Attachments

• my rides 010.jpg
    my rides 010.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 138
  • my rides 011.jpg
    my rides 011.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 129
  • my rides 012.jpg
    my rides 012.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 136
nah i wish man lol, we do pretty much everything old school by hand, scroll saws, jig saws, belt sanders ect, and sh*t ton of elbow grease lol
what were u looking to have made?