custom extended a arms

I was talking to the guy who is helping me with my swing arm and said he could cut and re-weld the a arms to make them wider with out any problems and it would be just as strong as stock. I'm thinking about it, but i'm going to wait a little bit.

aftermarket arms keep the shock mount in the same spot, so if you were to extend the arms you would either move the shock mount, or extend the arm outside of the shock mount.

i think you all are missing something.. the a arms are built with angled tubes.. SOOOO to make them longer the angle woud need ot be different.. unless your gona put a striaght section in the angle of each tube.. try and make a triangle longer.. same principle..

oh and the link to teh tecate a arms.. that guys is d'stecate.. very cool guy.. not sure why he's hanging out on a sh*t hole like e2s though..

hahaha i couldn't look at the link. (banned) oh well, i'm sure d'stecate will post it on psj if i ask him, hahaha.....anyways, i saw a thing some where where i guy extended his LT arms...but the LT arms have a tube on the ends where the ball joint goes through. all he did was make that longer. looked stock, but wider..idk how safe it was.

the banshee and blaster arms are triangle shaped, and the tubes meet, there isnt a 3rd tube where the 2 sides meet like an LT. but you also dont wanna move the shock mount outward or inward....then if you extend them you'll have more leaverage moving the shock.....thats why when you buy extended arms you have shocks valved for that....you wouldnt get a very nice ride with stock shocks...

I don't know if its already been mentioned but has anyone thought about cutting the aarm mounts up and making them fit a more readily avaliable/longer aarm. I really would like to try this just need to find a frame, thinking maybe 250r arms or something like that, haven't really set back and looked at a frame and some R arms so it might just be too much but i was just thinkin!