custom extended a arms

the dimond j kit would be stronger or you could make one it doesnt look too hard if you have the tools i think it will be hard to get the geomety right when you extend them it prolly would ride like crap

it will work but it will prolly be hard to keep them square after you cut them and try to re weld them you would have to make a jig or something so they woulld be perfect. but i would just get wheel spacers i thought you had some

yes it is pssible to do. what might de easier though is to borrow an aftermarket set of the proper size and to make a template and jig from those and either weld up a new set or modify yours to fit the jig.

i thought about it as well, i dont see why it wounldnt work. i mean i would purchase another set just in case that way you dont mess the original up and have nothing to put back on. i also thought about doing it to the swingarm as well, someone did it on here and i think it turned out ok..

its not worth the time and effort to do it,find a set of used burgards or something,the ball joints on the stockers are junk and when they wear out,time to buy new a arms cause you cant replace them.

its not worth the time and effort to do it,find a set of used burgards or something,the ball joints on the stockers are junk and when they wear out,time to buy new a arms cause you cant replace them.

The one stupid Yamaha didnt do was put removable upper ball joints in the a-arms.

I have done it befor on other bikes. I usually cut the arms about 2-3 inches out from the top and install a new piece of tube on both sides that is sleeved with a tube that slides inside and is 1.5" longer on both ends to spread the load away from the weld points. First bike I did it too was thrashed pretty hard for a couple of years after I did it with no failures.

I have done it befor on other bikes. I usually cut the arms about 2-3 inches out from the top and install a new piece of tube on both sides that is sleeved with a tube that slides inside and is 1.5" longer on both ends to spread the load away from the weld points. First bike I did it too was thrashed pretty hard for a couple of years after I did it with no failures.

how many tries did it take you to get it right?