Crankcase oil?

There are thousands of answers to this question, everyone thinks the oil they use is the best.

The service manual calls for 10w30 four stroke engine oil with no friction modifiers.

Some use Auto trans fluid type F.

Others use an off the shelf gear oil.

It's your choice but whatever you choose it must be suitable for motorcycles with wet clutches.

X001.jpg Has anybody tried Klotz Flex Drive 30? I hear it is good.

I suppose it could be OK, but being me I would no use any oil bearing the name of Klotz.

That is just my personal preference mind you, they do make excellent oil.

I suppose it could be OK, but being me I would no use any oil bearing the name of Klotz.

That is just my personal preference mind you, they do make excellent oil.
Why, what experience did you have with that brand?

Last edited:
Why, what experience did you have with that brand?
I think he's just referring to the "Klot" in Klotz, not his actual experience with it since he does say at the end that they make an excellent oil. Klotz is a well known brand but honestly I think they all are going to give damn near the same results. Just use what is most available to you that still abides by what is required for the transmission and clutch. Me and my dad each have a blaster and we both use cheap 10w-30 oil designed for wet clutches that we have laying around on our farm. I have yet to need a bottom end rebuild on mine with 2 years of riding and my dad has only had to split the cases once on his blaster that he got new back in 88. I rode the hell out of that thing growing up and he still uses it regularly. He was in his 20s when he bought it so I'm sure he abused it too.

Reactions: Blaaster
Oh it's the name. Maybe they should have called it FREDZ!

I put Maxima trans lube in my blaster, the shifter was kinda rough compared to my bike, thought it was the blaster. Put Maxima trans lube in my two-wheel bike and then it was harder to shift. Think I will stay away from Maxima trans lube. I still use Maxima as my pre-mix for my two-wheel bike.

Last edited:
I use what yamaha recommends, yamalube trans oil

Attachments

• 1466689450938-888751023.jpg
    1466689450938-888751023.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 621