Crankcase oil Leaking out exhaust... Help!!

idpfattys

Aug 30, 2009
hey everyone i just bought a blaster and installed a new piston / rings on it. when i start it up It smokes ALOT (white smoke) and i can see oil dripping from the exhaust header where it connects to the motor. Its just burning my crankcase oil. Theres not to much oil in it. i Filled the oil lvl up to where its right in the middle of the oil glass reader. Right now you cant even see oil through the glass and its still smoking!!! please help, i dont think oil should be leaking out through my exhaust no matter how much oil is in the motor.

man thats going to be a pain, k i'll go check it out in a bit and mess with it, the crank has never been split before tho?

if your getting tranny oil in the topend and its burning it (lots of white smoke)...which is what it sounds like then the crank seals are bad...sorry for the bad news

K thanks man, its not a big problem i have fun working on it, lots of time on my hands i just dont want to wait for the parts to come in lol

Well hey when i was removing the oil injection i took off clutch cover and when putting it back on i tore the seal, would this have anything to do with the smoking?

this seal is on the case behind the clutch and on the other side behind the stator

Hey man im sure your probley right im just really confused on how this seal would make oil leak out my exhaust? sorry for the noob question

there is not suppose to be any tranny fluid getting into the crank otherwise it will rev up and down and smoke white.

you dont have to split the cases u take of the cluth cover pull off the clutch and the gear on the end of the crank drill a hole into the seal and thread a screw into the hole and pull the seal out with pliers

Reactions: Lon
you dont have to split the cases u take of the cluth cover pull off the clutch and the gear on the end of the crank drill a hole into the seal and thread a screw into the hole and pull the seal out with pliers
This is a OLD post but gotta love google search..Im about to replace the crank seals on my wifes Blaster and this info was VERY helpfull,thanks man :) ..