crank seal

tcoop474

Apr 15, 2009
alabama
i rebuilt the blaster but now itll crank idle fine but wont rev high and if u put it in first u can floor the gas and itll barely move. the spark plug has oil on it im guessing crank seals gone how hard is it to get to?

Cases do not have to be split to replace a crank seal. It's very simple to replace the crank seals. Remove clutch cover, then take off the 5 springs and nuts for the clutch plate, remove the cluch boss nut, then remove the thing that holds the disks , followed by the clutch basket, next remove the gears that are on the crank itself, take off seal retainer, Take out old seal put in new seal, reassemble. Make sure you line up the marks on the balancer gear and the crank gear. Also line up the 2 dots on the clutch basket and the plate the springs go on. You'll understand once you get it apart.
Good luck I hope this helped.

BUT before you pull this all apart does it smoke very badly. Very heavy white smoke will pour out if your crank seal is bad.

i put my crank seal in with the spring side facing out and it is reving very high and ive checked everything else that might cause this do i have to replace the seal and if i do is there a way to take it out and flip it without buying a new one? let me know thanks

I had the same problem with a blaster i bought. Guy said he just rebuilt the top end and it would crank but not rev. He ended up putting the piston in backwards. I flipped it to where the arrow points to the exhaust and it is running fine. Also had to replace the crank seal, guess it went bad because of the pressure.