Crank seal replacement

blaster003

May 13, 2014
so I did a leak down test and my right crank seal is bad also it is sucking trans oil. Do I just order the seal and the clutch cover gasket? Also how do I replace this?

so I did a leak down test and my right crank seal is bad also it is sucking trans oil. Do I just order the seal and the clutch cover gasket? Also how do I replace this?

yeah just ebay the crank seal, no big deal. If you are careful removing the clutch cover gasket it can be reused. But the new gasket is like 15, doesnt hurt t have a spare in an emergency. Watch Kens videos on how to install it, prolly just use a pic to get it out.

Get a flywheel puller and do both. Personally I wouldn't use cheep Egay seals. Most prefer OEM or Cosmetic. I've used Vito's with good results.

Ok guys I got all the seals and already have a puller how do I get the old ones out. Do I have to take the clutch basket off? And how to I put the new seals in without damaging them?

I use a socket or piece of pipe/plastic tube right size. Otherwise carefully tap in with smallest hammer I have. Do not drive them to deep/far, only flush. I lube with grease. Seal collàr to crank.
As to removal, dont recall about clutch, check in manual if someone doesn't chime in. Some have used screw into seal to pull if you don't have a seal puller.

yes you should have to remove the clutch bashet to remove the gears on the crank shaft. Do you have like a pick or something? Use that to remove the old seals. Watch kens vid on how he replaces them. He uses a little yama bond on the OUTSIDE if the seal to help it.

Just got the seals last night. Pulled the clutch cover off and found out my clutch basket has play in it and the gear. What cheap baskets do you recommend?