Craigslist Payment Question

I also get the non scam BS to. I've had people send me a long list of crap stuff that they want to trade for what I'm selling.

the bad part about all of this is that paypal isnt catching on and protecting us sellers,
i've heard the buyer will claim he never recieved the item, and paypal refunds the loot, so your out the loot and item, how they are doing this with titled vehicles is beyond me ????

They got me at first before I learned all about paypal. I got a fake paypal email saying my money was on hold till I provided a tracking number. You have to ship to get a tracking number. I got my item back after talking to the local police for the address I sent it to in Africa. I still got screwed for the $35 shipping fee.

I have the Mac on Craigslist as well, and yesterday I recieved an email asking if it was still for sale. Today, I got a new email from a DIFFERENT email address saying the following:

Sounds like a scam to me, but I don't know for sure. Does anyone else know? Thanks guys!
dont its a scam ive got 1 of those emails almost the exact same before.the dude sent the check it went thru.BUT wen i went to take money out it let me.BUT BUT the next day the other dudes account was colsed and it put me in the hole alot.Wether it be the same or no-------DONT DO IT!!!

anthing i sale on CL, must be local, in person, with 2 bills of sale written, including drivers liscence #, and no shipping, ever !!!!!!

CASH ONLY, NEVER SHIP ON CL. MEET AT MY DESIGNATED LOCATION, WITH SMITH AND WESSON BACK-UP !!!!!!
END OF SCAMS

anthing i sale on CL, must be local, in person, with 2 bills of sale written, including drivers liscence #, and no shipping, ever !!!!!!

CASH ONLY, NEVER SHIP ON CL. MEET AT MY DESIGNATED LOCATION, WITH SMITH AND WESSON BACK-UP !!!!!!
END OF SCAMS

NO doubt! I don't carry as i will shoot someone for just cutting me off, so i always have my two boxers with me and a blade, love to cut flesh and watch it bleed!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a scam I got a email the same way when I was selling on e of my bloaters he said he was buying it for his uncle that is over seas and he lives in las Vegas and he would ship it to so he asked everything and Down to the point where you want to ask him what size underwear I wear it's so retared and asked for credit card numbers social security code everything

I definitely knew not to have them meet at my address, and I was going to bring some self defense. People are ridiculous. Thanks for all the great info, guys. Hopefully this whole thing goes smooth sailing...

Simular to one I just got. "I'm very OK with price, will pay $50 more if you remove add> Overnite fedex, send mover, bla bla. Thing is bank will cash M O then find out six weeks later that it's no good, you re-pay money and someone has your sh*t.

Simular to one I just got. "I'm very OK with price, will pay $50 more if you remove add> Overnite fedex, send mover, bla bla. Thing is bank will cash M O then find out six weeks later that it's no good, you re-pay money and someone has your sh*t.

Yeah, upon further investigation, I found that it is a very common scam. I don't like people. X(

I have the Mac on Craigslist as well, and yesterday I recieved an email asking if it was still for sale. Today, I got a new email from a DIFFERENT email address saying the following:

Sounds like a scam to me, but I don't know for sure. Does anyone else know? Thanks guys!

"Happy xmas" is only used that way in the UK, we say Merry Christmas Happy is a british thing