Compression numbers?

blaster003

May 13, 2014
i got a new la sleeve in my cylinder with a wiseco piston (stock bore) the rings were gapped and everything was assembled correctly, I also have a KOR modded head for 93 pump gas. I tested my compression and it was 120. Is that ok? I figure it would be more with her head mod. What should I do next if it's not right?

Might not hurt to try a different gàge. A leakdown test should be done on new builds, and as regular maintenance.. Might call Ken and ask him.

I tried 2 gauges the first gauge read 85 the second one was 120. Where can I buy a leak down tester that's cheap?

I tried 2 gauges the first gauge read 85 the second one was 120. Where can I buy a leak down tester that's cheap?
AWK sells leak testers. Search for them and you should see his thread

I'd call Ken. I had the exact same problem with mine and Ken had me do a couple tests to verify but he told me first thing that he thinks my gage was bad. After a couple tests and then double checking compression, found out he was right and I had a bad reading.

Ken is a great guy and will do whatever it takes to get to the bottom of things. He was very patient with me and made sure I was doing things the right way.