Complete Rebuild Help!!!!!!!!

Logan546

Aug 24, 2015
Just did a complete rebuild on my 2000 Blaster. I did my first start up and it wouldn't idle. Never had this problem before when it ran last. I have to constantly keep the throttle pushed in a little to keep it at idle rpm. when i push it in to rev it up, it sounds like it bogs. After my first heat cycle i went to push the kickstart over with my hand to feel the compression, and it still has good compression, but i hear a slight "sucking" sound. Every time the piston goes from top to bottom (you can feel it in the kick starter, cant really explain it) it makes that sound. It doesn't lose compression though? This is my 2nd blaster i rebuilt and the first one was flawless, i don't think i did anything wrong? Any advice? i really do not want to tear it all down again....

*EDIT*
--------------
I had a race shop near me rebuild the bottom end with new Pro X crank, new bearings and seals. When it first started it was pouring white smoke like no tomorrow, dont say burning tranny fluid because i always run Yamalube 20w-50 Motor Oil in my crank. After a while the white smoke died down and started turning blue, so maybe it was from all the excess oil from the top end build process. Also, no matter how much i adjust my idle screw (my carb has TORS removed) i still have to keep my throttle pinched open a little to keep it at an idle rpm. I have my gas mix ratio at 24:1 with Yamalube 2R Premix

Last edited:
Reactions: Awk08
Just did a complete rebuild on my 2000 Blaster. I did my first start up and it wouldn't idle. Never had this problem before when it ran last. I have to constantly keep the throttle pushed in a little to keep it at idle rpm. when i push it in to rev it up, it sounds like it bogs. After my first heat cycle i went to push the kickstart over with my hand to feel the compression, and it still has good compression, but i hear a slight "sucking" sound. Every time the piston goes from top to bottom (you can feel it in the kick starter, cant really explain it) it makes that sound. It doesn't lose compression though? This is my 2nd blaster i rebuilt and the first one was flawless, i don't think i did anything wrong? Any advice? i really do not want to tear it all down again....

*EDIT*
--------------
I had a race shop near me rebuild the bottom end with new Pro X crank, new bearings and seals. When it first started it was pouring white smoke like no tomorrow, dont say burning tranny fluid because i always run Yamalube 20w-50 Motor Oil in my crank. After a while the white smoke died down and started turning blue, so maybe it was from all the excess oil from the top end build process. Also, no matter how much i adjust my idle screw (my carb has TORS removed) i still have to keep my throttle pinched open a little to keep it at an idle rpm. I have my gas mix ratio at 24:1 with Yamalube 2R Premix
Just hoping you don't have an airleak, because i had the same symptoms( not getting it to idle) and i had a crankcase leak.
Get it leakdowntested, i would say.

i cant get it leakdown tested until tuesday since its labor day weekend, the shop that did the bottom end is closed until then. I blew into the air hose vent on the crank and it was hard to blow into and the air came back out so thats good. Yes i re tightened the head and cylinder bolts after the first heat cycle. And the carb has the TORS removed when i bought it, and it idled fine before i rebuilt it. I Havnt messed with the carb other than taking it off and putting it back on (well now ive adjusted the air idle screw but it makes no difference)

And the carb has the TORS removed when i bought it

does it have a new idle screw installed ?

IMG_0002.jpg

I blew into the air hose vent on the crank and it was hard to blow into and the air came back out so thats good

thats not gonna cut it