Commencing 240 rebuild!

Did work again last night. Motion Pro brake cables, got it down to the engine and rear end left. Engine comes out tonight so I can get it cleaned up, maybe some high heat paint to make it look better. Hope to be running this weekend.

nice work so far....won't be long till we get a ride report !

I'm hoping to be able to put some mud on the fenders Saturday. It needs carrier work, I guess the bearings are a little bad, but I'll at least be riding. Took the head off and inspected the sleeve and piston before I put everything back together. The sleeve looks like it's in pretty good shape, piston looks equally good. I put the micrometer on it and it hasn't been bored yet so the big bore is relatively new. It has also been ported and chambered already by the looks of it. I didn't get pics of it when I had it apart, but it's looking like it should scream when it's done.

On the maintenance side of it, the front sprocket and chain are pretty tore up so a 14t will replace the 13 and I'm going to have to get a new chain. The brake cables were frayed and not pulling evenly so I got motion pro cables. The bars were swapped to renthals, I've got some 350 raptor heel guards ready to go on as well.

I'll hopefully have some pics and videos this weekend of it shredding things up.

rear sprocket was already new. I had to swap that when I first got it last fall since the one on it was missing a tooth.

So that I believe makes it an old sprocket!

The chain and both sprockets should be replaced at the same time.

A 6 month old rear sprocket mated with a tore up chain and 13 sprocket would now be ruined.

Do not forget to heat cycle and re tension the new head gasket.

If it was run at all during the winter it might be chewed up. It sat in the shed for most of the time and didn't move(maybe about a 1/4 of a tank of gas on that sprocket). The amount of wear on the sprocket would be so minimal I would be shocked if you could tell the difference.

still not crazy about the red shocks on it thats the only thing that bugs me about this bike. IDK if the green color was off but it looked good for what it is but i also love the way the white turned out. im so interchangeable lol

in a perfect world, the red shocks would be green... or the green trim pieces would be red. I may try to fine some white shocks to swap on there. I think that would look better than the red.

interesting... I wonder how well they would hold up. I'm thinking I'd rub half the paint off the minute I put the straps back on to put them back together. I have debated on just doing shock covers... though I've always HATED them.

im shure it'd work/hold up nicely if you did a clear coat then a solid plastic paint coat or 2 and let it take for a day or so before you put it back on. ive always hated shock covers 2 couldent stand them never looked right.

wiring is done... WE HAVE SPARK! The foot pegs, nerfs and exhaust are on. Need to get the carb not leaking, throw that on, put the tank and plastics back on and then I wait for the new chain pullers to get here and it's done. Riding by saturday!

Effing eh... got ready to out it all back together tonight andfound an issue with the carb. There's a jet thats independent of the carbs pilot and main jet. It's vacuum pressured so as the air flowing passed it goes faster, it pulls the fuel from the float bowl. Problem is the leak that I thought was the float or the gasket is neither... it's this fitting that's tapped into the side of the bowl. In theory, I can see this aiding in the top end fuel delivery but where they put the fitting is the worst possible place. There is litterally an eighth of an inch for the threads. I have three options I figure. 1. I JB weld the s$*t out of it and hope it works. 2. Get a new float bowl and tap in a better place. 3. New float bowl and no tap and block off the jet. Any opinions would be valued.

i've seen my buddies garage seal some really bad fuel leaks with this chit...........

yhst-76241474357167_2257_62799756

Believe it or not common garden soap works very well as a gas sealer.

A few years ago I ruptured a steel fuel line, rubbing a bar of soap on the crack sealed it perfectly.

I sold the vehicle 6 months later and the soap fix was still working.

Ended up JB Welding the fitting to the float bowl. We'll see how well that works. Doesn't look the prettiest but it's about par for the course with the rest of the cobbed up, Jerry rigged nonsense on the bike. I'll throw a few pics of last nights progress in a few

BAM!

(I'll be smoking that fella behind mine!.. lolz)

it's SO close!.. pretty much everything is good, would have been done last night if it wasn't for the carb issue and chain pullers. Looking at the float bowl this morning, it looks like the back yard, JB Weld fix will hold. I'm going to have my buddy try to get a hold of parts unlimited or Keihin directly and see if we can get a new one just in case. all that's left is to put the carb back in, plastics back on and finish up the carrier and rear end. All told, the whole thing should take me 30 minutes tonight.