Coadys Project

coady

Nov 3, 2009
:: Mods please move if there is a more apropriate section for this. ::

Right, so on sunday I went and picked up my '04 Black and Red Blaster. (Pics to follow) Cost me the equivilent of $1000

I am happy with it and for the money I paid it was a bargain ( most older blasters go for £900 Plus)

My "To-Do List" Isn't massive and will be based on Ebay Bargain and the likes.
Firstly I want the bike tidying up, and it needs a new set of rears. I am unsure if I am to get a new set of rims and tyres or just re-furm my rims in black and get tyres.

Also on the list is Banshee Axle and an upgrade on the front also, not only because the handling needs improving but the shocks on there at the moment are battered. - This may be banshee shocks on the front also.

there are a few bits such as the footpegs/guards that have got spots of rust on them, I intend on sanding them down and spraying them, probably black.

Eventually I intend on getting +4 swing arm and probably +2 A-Arms etc, but at the moment I just want it tidying up a bit and get one or two rides out of it before the weather gets too bad, then some more work can start.

Other parts wanted:
Grab Rail
New Bumper
New Nerfs.

The guy who had it before me liked riding into trees or something by the looks of things.

DSC_0011.jpg

Last edited:
sounds good, have you thought about an new exhaust and open air box? just a couple little things to help get more power out of it
For the swing arm have you thought about making you stock on into a +4, a lot of guys, including myself, have had a lot of luck with it and it will save you a bunch of money. Talk to yb200 and he should be able to hook you up on one

Yeah I got on to yb200 straight away, only prob I am having is I am in the UK. I am gonna try and ebay a swing arm in the us and get it delivered to his adress, rather than pay two lots of international shipping.

Yeah, pipe was another thing on my list. If have got a full FMF pipe on my RM125, not sure if the silencer will fit the blaster? As I have smashed the engine on that and its now scrap.

What is the deal with the open airbox?

Yeah I got on to yb200 straight away, only prob I am having is I am in the UK. I am gonna try and ebay a swing arm in the us and get it delivered to his adress, rather than pay two lots of international shipping.

Yeah, pipe was another thing on my list. If have got a full FMF pipe on my RM125, not sure if the silencer will fit the blaster? As I have smashed the engine on that and its now scrap.

What is the deal with the open airbox?

the open airbox will let it breath better giving you a bit more power but if you ride in really muddy/wet spots i would leave it on. please dont try to cob a dirtbike silencer onto your blasty..... lol. people will tell you fmf is garbage for a blasty but the bottom line is its a hell of a lot bettet than stock.

the open airbox will let it breath better giving you a bit more power but if you ride in really muddy/wet spots i would leave it on. please dont try to cob a dirtbike silencer onto your blasty..... lol. people will tell you fmf is garbage for a blasty but the bottom line is its a hell of a lot bettet than stock.

the fitment from the RM scilencer looks exactly the same, but if its a no go will leave it.

I saw a couple of pro-circuit full set ups for quite a good price, better than fmf?

the fitment from the RM scilencer looks exactly the same, but if its a no go will leave it.

I saw a couple of pro-circuit full set ups for quite a good price, better than fmf?

a full pro circut would be nice. its the head pipe that gives you the power so thats the important part.

Managed to get one picture before the battery went on my D-Slr. Will get more soon though.

looks good, i run a pro circuit header and silencer, i heard its one of the better once, i'm not sure, i love it especially since it was free! and in good shape

Relatively slow start to this project due to the fact that it is near impossible to get parts without importing them.

My Doma pipe is now in the garage with the bike, the seller sent the pipe without flange etc so I am awaiting that. Set of Slashers is being picked up tomorrow. K&N is in the post along with a few other bits like jets and handful of spark plugs. I am still keeping an eye out for some A-Arms and a wider axle.

I am still undecided as to what route to go down regarding the engine, I wish we had as many options as the US does regarding builders, I have found but one local to me and it isn't ideal if I am honest. Pics of goodies will be up within the week.