Clutch rod actuator bearing

jerry7297

Feb 15, 2016
I am in the middle of re assembling my motor. I am unsure if the bearing (BB Number 21 in the pic) is still in the engine. Is there a way I can check before I get the case cover back on?

Yes, just put a small magnet or something inside the rod housing and make sure that it's there. If the magnet doesn't work try tipping the quad on its side and tapping the side case on the side of the actuator. I did this to get my clutch rod out. Make sure you replace your clutch rods! They are cheap and worth to replace while in there before they weld together like mine did.

Reactions: jerry7297
Thank you for the response. I found out it was missing, I had already ordered new parts. The engine is now back together. Hope it runs good. 1st time doing this.

Just remember to make sure those rods are new and greased up, and don't hold your clutch in at high speed or when your engine is hot too long, happened to me and I got really lucky by not having to split the cases

If you dont end up getting new rods, dont think I have ever changed mine, check the ends of the rod where the ball goes and see if there are any divots, made by the ball. If there are take some sand paper or grinder tot the end to make them smooth. Freshens up the rod without having to buy brand new. here is kens video where he shows it:

Thank you for the response. These videos are what gave me the courage to take anything apart on my engine. KOR rocks.