clutch problem help

jasonman17

Feb 7, 2011
Ok I'm confused. I am putting a motor on my blaster right now and just bolted it on. I am hand turning the cluth rod that goes into the motor (rod that goes to the clutch) and I have it in gear to make sure things are working ok but its not engaging the clutch to open so the weels turn freely. What am I doing wrong.[Q

did you have the motor open? you mahe have installed something wrong or lost the ball that sits between the two push rods. more info needed!

I only took a motor off one blaster and put it on another. Its doing thhe same thing on my other motor too. I did not open the bottom end on eather motor. Just took the clutch rod out of the top of the side of the motor to take the bottom of the off

so you pulled out the part that the cable hooks up to? kinda confused as to what you are messing with

When you pull the clutch there is a rod that goes in the motor and it turns tomake the cluch engauge. Its on the mag side of the motor on top of the crank case next to the chain sprocket.

you have to pull the clutch cover now and pull the clutch pressure plate. make sure the 2 rods and the ball bearing are there. then slide that piece into the case

Well like I said both ran grat and clutchs worked fine. Where could the ball have gone just by pulling that rod out? I'm confused.

The rod and ball can't come out simply by lifting that "paddle" piece. But you have to release the clutch tension to be able to reinstall the "paddle" piece.

As brandoz said, you have to pull the clutch cover and clutch pressure plate off to be able to reinstall that shaft.