Clutch kits, whats ok, what sucks & whats best

Ive got a 01 blaster, and opened the case cause of clutch slippage. (just got the blaster and lever was way out of adjustment) and found that the clutch is fried, I will need BOTH friction and steel plates. Ive tried searching, but can not get the search to work for me, It finds everything else but what I want.

What do you guys suggest for a clutch brand? Which ones suck? Im trying to keep the price down. Vito? EBC? How is stock? Others?

eBay Motors: Yamaha Blaster 1988-2006 Clutch Kit-Disc/Plates/Spings (item 200230581668 end time Jun-16-08 14:21:44 PDT)

eBay Motors: Tusk Clutch Kit With Heavy Duty Springs Yamaha Blaster (item 140238866560 end time Jul-04-08 18:20:06 PDT)

eBay Motors: PRO RACER CLUTCH KIT YAMAHA BLASTER 200 87-05 #44-220 (item 280231940007 end time Jun-29-08 10:10:31 PDT)

Ok or not?

Links to buy them also if you could.

Supposedly its got 240 big bore, but stock otherwise as far as I know. Might put a pipe on it eventually, but I dont know how much further I will go, I cant unload alot of money on it.

I got it for $450 non running (thanks to the TORS system) it took 5 mins to get it running, and got some parts on ebay cheap (fenders, hood, brake cables, etc, and it should be a good quad to play with for cheap.

If I can get responses tonight I will order it tonight so I can get it soon, maybe by the weekend.

Thanks
Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
I replaced my clutch not long ago. I can't comment on the clutch's you listed but i replaced mine with a ebc kit i got off ebay for a little more than the ones you listed. it works great !! They say barnett clutches are the best but they are 2 to 3 times the $$$. Good luck and get that blaster ripping.

kinda hard to belive its got a 240 bore kit but stock exhaust... anyone else with me on this one? and i have no knowledge of clutches...

Barnett clutches are the best... but out of the ones you listed i would suggest Tusk...

only problem with Barnett is the cost its like o_O haha...
so yeah, my .02 is to go with the Tusk out of the three you listed

Cool, I ordered the Tusk with Heavy Duty springs from rockymountainatv.com. The 240 big bore is what I was told. Can I verify if its been done or not without taking it apart and having to get new gaskets? The jug says 195cc on the side, so if it was done, stock head must have been bored. Whats the specs for stock and 240?

Thanks for the replies guys, i really appreciate it, This is like my 4th or 5th post, and didn't get any responses on previous posts.

Thanks Again,
Brian

Since your blaster is stock i don't think you have a big bore installed. The only way to no for sure is to take just the head off and measure the piston.
If it is 66mm across it is stock if it is 72mm across it has the big bore installed. All it will cost you to find out is a head gasket and about 30 min. time.Don't forget to torque the head bolts to 20 ft.lbs. in a criss cross pattern. let us no what you find out. Or if you need help.

I just ordered my Barnett Dirt Digger clutch...It uses Kevlar on the plates which make them engage alot better...I ended up paying $120 shipped which isnt too bad considering all the money I spent on my off-road veichle. I also ordered a Hinson clutch basket because I heard if you run the Dirt Digger clutch and stock clutch basket, that it can strip the stock basket by gripping so hard. The basket is gonna come in later today and I already have my clutch, so ill let you guys know what I think when it comes time to install.