Clutch is hard to pull in!

Mic1438

May 28, 2008
My clutch is really hard to putt in. Is there some cheap replacement or some lube that i can use to fix this?

its probably not so much in the handle and in the engine or cable. I have the same issue with mine, but i get used to it.

i no mine gets a little tight after riding in the mud and water and all that .. i just use some wd40 down the clutch cable and just pull in the clutch lever in and out a couple times and u should feel it get easer .. hope i helped ..:)

don't ride it like that for too long I had mine break off at the lever and left me stranded. it was getting harder and harder to pull in. we pushed it and kicked it in gear and made it home

I had the same thing on mine, it was so tuff to pull one day it snapped at the end by the lever bought a $10 new cable and pulled like it would on a new quad

THis is easy to fix. First off the restriction that is making it tight or hard to pull in is caused by either the clutch springs being a little stiff, especially if you have put a new clutch in recently, generally the aftermarket clutch companys use a stiffer spring than the oem ones.

Or the cable is shot and not functioning properly. You can fix this by lubing the cable if the cable is in good shape or more easily just buy a new cable and lube it and you will notice a huge difference.

The other option is to invest some money in a good clutch and clutch perch. Buy one that has a ball bearing setup or some sort of bearing that makes the pull smoother.

I just recently bought a used yfz450 clutch and perch to swap over on to my blaster for the same reason. I loved the way my yfz feels so I decided that it was easy enough to install on my blaster aswell. And it only cost 10 shipped for the parts and 12 for the cable. HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!