Clutch adjustment on 1995 Blaster and Shocks

jmorrison

Dec 29, 2011
WI
Hi to Everyone
This is my first post/thread. I have gotten alot of great help and info from reading in this forum so I donated and signed up.

My question is on my 2005 Blaster clutch cable seems very loose. I tried to adjust it but the only adjustment on the cable is on the hand lever. Most of the other cables I have seen have one in the middle of the cable also. I have alot of slop in the cable but still enough to engage the clutch and have no slippage at all. Is this a common problem or is the clutch plates wearing out??

Also im looking for a soft ride on the blaster i got the 450R back shock and the bushing from Ken website so im ok in the back but i would like some input on the front shocks. The stock ones are very hard even on the low setting. Is there any good inexpensive shocks out there that will bolt on? Or does anyone have any for sale that will work for me.
Thanks

Check the clutch arm on the motor to make sure it's lined up with the mark on the case. If it is, you may just need a new cable. If you want a real good ride in the front, go with a good aftermarket shock.

first thing to do is let your front tires down, i run mine very low, one knee press in...guess its an acquired test i use to see if they are right, but pretty flat will soften the ride as your tires are your primary suspension!

other than that, you will need to get some Works shocks, or so. they are pretty reasonable and are very soft.

yep, i'd try a new clutch cable first, then we'll help you move on to an internal clutch rod adjustment, but that should only be done with a new cable. IMO
to avoid doing it again when installing a new one.

and one of the first things i do to every blaster i've had is a set of works shocks up front, they can be had on ebay for a blaster, or banshee's will work too, for under $200