ckymacias 2000 budget build

ckymacias

Nov 29, 2011
So I'm not going to go crazy with this quad since it is running strong! I'm just going to give the quad a small face lift, graphics, replace seat cover, new wheels and tires ITP Black bead lock fronts with green bead lock rings with Maxxis Razor tires and the same for the rear, maybe powder coat the frame (Frame White Lower A-arms hammer tone black & Swing arm in the same color Upper A-arms chrome, nerfs and a new bumper, add a skid plate, and maybe switch out the shocks if I come by some for cheap or free. And just maybe switch out the Exh to a Pro Circuit... So much for budget build...lol B) I'm also going to post how much I have into this little machine, each time I add a new item.

Updated 12/6/11

$800 quad w/paddles on rims
$55 New graphic kit
$33 New Wally World Lights w/LED MR16 Lights on there way! 4W LED light = 50W Halogen incandescent Light!
Total $888

Here is the craigslist picture from when we first picked it up...
2000YAMAHABLASTER2.jpg

Here is what it looked like after stripping the old graphics off...
2000YAMAHABLASTER4.jpg

Now what it looks like after I put the new graphics kit on it last night, the new seat cover is coming from my good friends at Quadtech it will have silver green and black colors to go with the look I'm shooting for.
2000YAMAHABLASTER10.jpg

I made my own alum grill on the front hood with some alum mesh I had sitting in my garage.
2000YAMAHABLASTER8.jpg

2000YamahaBlaster9.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!
I'm looking for some aftermarket head lights that don't break the pocket book anyone have any suggestions? Or if anyone knows what the output of a stock stator is so I know what I can and can’t run, I don’t want to add a battery…
Thanks again for everyone’s help on here!

Thanks everyone!
I'm looking for some aftermarket head lights that don't break the pocket book anyone have any suggestions? Or if anyone knows what the output of a stock stator is so I know what I can and can’t run, I don’t want to add a battery…
Thanks again for everyone’s help on here!

I don't remember off hand what the stator puts out, but it's not much to work with.

If you go LED though there is some options that put out a LOT more light.

Check out the body sub forum. Some guys got their blasters putting out a lot more light pretty cheap.

The head lamp draws 45 watts , tail lamp, 3.8 watts, oil indicator lamp 3.4 watts a total of 52.2 watts so I presume the output would not be much more than that.

I believe there are heavy duty coils out there but I do not know of their capacities.

Running a battery is not a simple operation as components have to be added to convert to DC and regulate.

LED is the way to go, as the produce excellent light at very low current requirements, but I do believe you have to rectify to DC.

The head lamp draws 45 watts , tail lamp, 3.8 watts, oil indicator lamp 3.4 watts a total of 52.2 watts so I presume the output would not be much more than that.

I believe there are heavy duty coils out there but I do not know of their capacities.

Running a battery is not a simple operation as components have to be added to convert to DC and regulate.

LED is the way to go, as the produce excellent light at very low current requirements, but I do believe you have to rectify to DC.

Thanks again everyone!

Blaaster, how do I go about rectifying to DC...? Anyone done this or have a thread I could read? Thanks! I:I

that is super clean. you'd think it had never been ridden if it wasn't for the bent wheels.

stock stator will put out 35 watts...u can get the cheap wall mart lights that look like the 200 trail tech lights....ive got em and the only prob is that they are 20 watt bulbs in them so u can only run one at a time or u can buy 15 watt bulbs and swap them out so both lights work....i just use one and if it craps out i plug in the other one lol...but believe it or not one of those lights works perfect when riding at night

Ya the wal-mart lights work pretty good. You can buy a direct fit replacement bulb from Lowe's or Home depot that makes the system work perfect. Complete set up runs about $35.00 dollars. The only down side is the cheap chrome plating on the lights.

Well I installed my Wally world lights and I think it came out great for the cost I have into them! Big thanks to dakotademon7 for helping me!

Here is the link for the LED lights I have coming to me...
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Here are the pictures I took last night...

2000YAMAHABLASTERWnewLights4.jpg

2000YAMAHABLASTERWnewLights3.jpg

Since I'm not going to take off the oil injection just yet I relocated the warning red light...

2000YAMAHABLASTERWnewLights2.jpg

Headed to Glamis in 9 days! Can't wait to play with our new camp wheelie king! I love that the stock exh is so quiet I did a few late night wheelies up and down are street late last night at 10:30pm so stealth my girlfriend didn't even notice I had pull it out of the garage...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Blaaster, how do I go about rectifying to DC...? Anyone done this or have a thread I could read? Thanks! I:I

I have never done it on a Blaster, but looking at the circuit diag, the AC is already regulated to stop over voltage, so it could be as simple as adding a diode in series to the supply line. The DC voltage will be times 0.707 of the AC voltage.

The diode must be capable of handling the current that the LEDs will draw, and should be mounted on a heatsink.

There is a more sophistcated way to rectify by using a bridge rectifier, but one needs to pick up an earth to do it. The DC voltage will be times 1.414 of the AC voltage.

I have never done it on a Blaster, but looking at the circuit diag, the AC is already regulated to stop over voltage, so it could be as simple as adding a diode in series to the supply line. The DC voltage will be times 0.707 of the AC voltage.

The diode must be capable of handling the current that the LEDs will draw, and should be mounted on a heatsink.

There is a more sophistcated way to rectify by using a bridge rectifier, but one needs to pick up an earth to do it. The DC voltage will be times 1.414 of the AC voltage.

Thanks again for the great info, but the lights I found are 12v DC. So I hope I can have just a plug and play, I will let you know...