Chinese toys

ChrisZx7

May 15, 2012
Rochester, Ny
Anyone know anything about these Chinese moto toys? I've got a 50cc dirt bike I gatta order parts for. Are all engines on these things considers a gy6? If not how so I identify engine?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a 120cc crf/xr50 based Chinese pit bike and most of the generic parts I can find for it on EBay will bolt right up. It's more reliable than you might think and parts are dirt cheap so I don't feel bad about beating the crap out of it and breaking it.

The top link Dualstroke posted shows the CRF style engine, you can get them in displacements up to about 180cc if I remember correctly.

The Chinese basically stole Honda's blue prints to make their pit bike engines. You can use OEM Honda parts or just type in "pit bike" before the part you need and compare the pics. I've completely rebuilt my bike this way without any problems.

CDI Pit bike cdi | eBay

Magneto: Pit bike magneto | eBay

Here is a picture of a friend and my bike I just got done freshening up. I wish I had a before pic because the thing was completely beat to the point where it wasn't even rideable.
acagio.jpg

The Chinese basically stole Honda's blue prints to make their pit bike engines. You can use OEM Honda parts or just type in "pit bike" before the part you need and compare the pics. I've completely rebuilt my bike this way without any problems.

CDI Pit bike cdi | eBay

Magneto: Pit bike magneto | eBay

Here is a picture of a friend and my bike I just got done freshening up. I wish I had a before pic because the thing was completely beat to the point where it wasn't even rideable.
acagio.jpg

Problem is, i can't find the magneto anywhere. All i can see behind flywheel is a black coil, doesnt have another on bottom. And its 3 wires. Waiting on flywheel tool to come so i can pop it off.