cheap mods for the 200x

yes se-r

Aug 6, 2009
Long Island, NY
anyone have any suggestions for some cheap 'worth it' mods for the 200x? i dont want to go crazy at all just give it a little balls for cruisin in the snow. it has a uni filter cobra muffler and razrs in the rear. otherwise its stock everything.

oh yeah and it has blaster hubs and rims B)

My buddy has 2 and all he has on them are cobra pipes and +6 swingarms and +4 axles but my KLT185 spanks everything ive been up aganst in the deep snow

um ditch the cobra pipe, its all bark and no bite, meaning all sound an d no power, trust me, all i used to ride was a 200x back in the day and it even had a new style cobra pipe on it, didnt do much but get loud, lol, but thats not really cheap to get a new pipe

already piped and filtered, the next move is a performance cam

its not a pipe though, its just the exhaust muffler..they sell pipes for these things? lol and im not looking to go crazy i was just trying to see cheaper stuff or things that carry over from newer models..

awesome dude thanks for all the help..only thing is i have 20" razrs mounted on the blasty rims so i just transplanted the blaster hubs to save $$ soo i would have to get blaster spacers no? and wow 150 for full exhaust...lol tempting

Last edited by a moderator:
There you go. From the couple 200x's Ive ridden they have all seemed very mild but will take you anywhere you want to go. I have never hopped on a 200x and say WOW THATS FAST and I really doubt I ever will

yea im not expecting it to be fast nor do i want it to be fast. thats just asking to get killed lol. really i was just looking for suspension and cheap mods i could do. i may get that dg pipe that was posted if i can move enough of these blaster parts..

and 4cfed thanks for all your help.

i put a good what?? 40-50 hours on the 200x, changed the oil once, ( added oil once when i flipped it and oil speewed out the breather), put gas in it, and never changed a plug!!

ohh ands i went up 1 tooth on the front