Cheap ebay brake calipers and res

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Parts' started by Conner Jones, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Conner Jones

Conner Jones Member

My blaster did not come with a rear brake caliper or fluid reservoir. I found a new cheap caliper off ebay for 18 dollars and a res on ebay for 18 dollars. Heres the links. Anyone have any experience with these? Is it worth the purchase? The used calipers I found were up to 100 dollars and id rather go without brakes than pay that.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/152627243634

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/264094299625

2. Slydog

Slydog Member

Diesel mech
    What year is your blaster?hydraulic brakes only came on the blasters from 03 to 06.you can put hydraulics on rhe older ones 89 to 2002 with alittle fabrication and welding

3. Slydog

Slydog Member

Diesel mech
    This is my pedal and master

setup on a 2002.that was originally cable brakes 20191203_092108-768x1024.jpg 20191203_092108-768x1024.jpg

4. Conner Jones

Conner Jones Member

its a 2005 so it already has the hydraulic front breaks, but the previous owner removed the back breaks i guess, so i wanted to get a new hydraulic caliper and master cylinder for the rear brakes, and i found those cheap ones on ebay and was wondering if i should buy them or if it is a waste of money

5. Conner Jones

Conner Jones Member

oh and also while im here i guess i might as well ask, does your kickstarter on your blaster rub on the plastic cover? Mine is constantly touching the cover when resting, and its starting to wear a hole in the cover?

6. Slydog

Slydog Member

Diesel mech
    I'm running the same type you are looking at with no problems.oem hydros up front. The kicker should not hit the case.the stop inside the caae could be broken?or maybe mark the spline where the kicker is now and move it back a spline or 2. It's possible it could have been installed. Too far forward
    You can see in the picture where it should be.

Awk08 likes this.
  7. Conner Jones

Conner Jones Member

Alright thanks. Im gonna purchase them and try em out. I will try to move the starter back a few splines and see. Sometimes the starter does not catch the motor so maybe something inside is messed up. I dont know much about how the starter works.

8. Larry's Shee

Larry's Shee Active Member

Unemployed carpenter
    Either get a Clymers Repair Manual or find the pdf on here, general repair section IIRC

9. Slydog

Slydog Member

Diesel mech
    X2 on the manual.if you plan on doing your own work .if it is inside the case, its still an easy fix.get a manual for Christmas:)