cdi...stator...coil

ken84

Jun 7, 2011
so what kind of performance gain can i expect by doing a ricks stator...a new cdi...and a ASR coil? just a lil bit? or nothing? just wondering:-[

Nothing in the stator that's only for upgrading lights I believe. Not much in the cdi either that I know of but upgraded coil you will notice a difference. Nothing substancial but if your in need of one anyway or racing its a worthy upgrade. I run a nology coil and haven't tried a asr you mentioned

how much is the nolagy? where can i buy one of them at? because the ASR coil is the only aftermarket one i can find besides ricks coil.

Go to nology.com I think. Its a .3ohm single fire. Same as for a yz250. Slickerthanyou did a writeup on it. About 80bucks plus hotwire. Ngk makes a wire also that's cheaper. I think prices have come down since I got mine. I paid about 115 for everything shipped if I remember

Reactions: ken84
Go to nology.com I think. Its a .3ohm single fire. Same as for a yz250. Slickerthanyou did a writeup on it. About 80bucks plus hotwire. Ngk makes a wire also that's cheaper. I think prices have come down since I got mine. I paid about 115 for everything shipped if I remember

so how is the nolagy working for you tho?

It works great. You do need to drill holes where your existing coil is and mount it.
Sparky have you used one? A basically stock bike may not see much if any improvements but will likely find it easier to start. I could tell a difference on my stroked 240 motor and now that I'm going to methanol running 2x as much fuel it will be close to drowning out and quickly fouling plugs without it.

sounds good to me. i get my ricks coil in today from dennis kirk. we shall see how long this one last..lol when and if it goes out "witch it prolly will" im going to get the nology setup. i found the writeup on it. it seems like its def worth the 100+ bucks imo.

by the was surfrjag can you post up some pix of your sometime soon? i wanna see how you have it setup

I won't be home for a little while. But I basically just drilled 2 holes in the bracket that holds the coil and put small bolts in it. I think I had to bend it to the side some also to keep it away from the carb. Ill try and get a pic once I get home.