Carb Rebuild?

So I have completely replaced, cleaned and looked over every nook and cranny of my carb and it's still leaking gas from the drain plug. The float is fine and seems to be in the right position, the needle is not bent, the seat and float needle are spanking new and all jets are clean. Absolutely everything I have researched and done about this issue has not fixed my problem. Also one of the screws on my oil pump cover is stripped all to hell and i cant get it off to bleed the oil line :( I have no clue what to do at this point.

So... My dumbass never attached the needle float to the float... This is why my carb was spilling gas out of the drain tube. Now I just need to dial this thing in... what can I say? You live and you learn..

Don't give yourself a hard time, I wish that I had as many dollars as the times that I have stuffed up.

A lot of my knowledge has been gleaned from the mistakes that I have made..

If you can get at the screw with a small cold chisel you can walk the screw ou. If not, drill/grind the head off, remove cover, maybe PB Blaster/heat and vice grips to get it out.
2XX
on "stuffing" it up.

:eek:

So the blaster is running great.. But it's gas is spilling out of the overflow tube AGAIN!? Is it possible that the needle float could have come unattached from the float again? If so is there a way to keep this from happening over and over?

Has the float been adjusted?

Float level should 20 to 21.5mm on a stock carby.

7580-user5502-pic7361-1341402759.jpg

7362-float-tang.jpg