carb problem?

96MXBlaster

Jun 20, 2010
SD
ok so when i was rejetting my 03 blaster i lost the spacer for the main jet. i didnt think it was a big deal. but now it is hard to start and whenever i leave the gas on gas literally pours out of the overflow lines. is this spacer the problem? or what is wrong? thanks alot if u gave me a picture of the carb diagram i could point it out. Or i am thinkin it needs a carb rebuild

Your talking about the little brass washer? You need that in there but I don't think that's why your carb is overflowing. You need to check your float and float needle.

Your talking about the little brass washer? You need that in there but I don't think that's why your carb is overflowing. You need to check your float and float needle.

Yes the washer!! Yeah i suspected the needle and seat was out so i think im going to order a carb rebuild kit and see what happens

/\ i'll second that,

you must have the brass washer, thats what holds the needle jet in place, and will have you chasing your tail trying to jet it properly

and check the float height, it should be 20-21.5 mm, bend the middle tab to adjust,
measured like this.........

4785-float-height.jpg

/\ i'll second that,

you must have the brass washer, thats what holds the needle jet in place, and will have you chasing your tail trying to jet it properly

and check the float height, it should be 20-21.5 mm, bend the middle tab to adjust,
measured like this.........

4785-float-height.jpg

Thanks! does the washer come in a carb rebuild kit?

Thanks! does the washer come in a carb rebuild kit?

nope, ask around on here for one,
then i'll steal one outta my spare carb for ya, if nobody else has a spare, lemme know

ask around on here, if someone has an extra one from a junk carb.... good,
if they charge you for it...bad
if you don't find one, holler

ok, well i'll ask for ya then...................

who has a junk carb or parts laying around they can hook this man up with the brass washer for under the main jet ???
c'mon i know someone has one, pony up !!!!!!!!

Hahah AWK i posted a wanted ad lol. but i got one from yamaha dealer for a dollar. But i got one more question for you guys! My dad wants to know how to get the oil injection line off the carb? hes not sure how it excatly comes off. and he bought a carb rebuild kit for his blaster so i hope it fixes his problem.

you can either cut the line about an inch from the carb, then shoot i lil hi temp copper silicon in there, then put a small screw in it

or, the hose i believe, (it's been so long) has a brass ring compressed around it to hold it on, cut that all off carefully, and get a vacuum female plug from most auto stores, i'd take the carb to get the correct size, and having it off the bike will make removing the hose and ring easier too