carb issuses

G

gtatransam

i just got this 95 blaster running and it idles fine and the low end is strong but as soon as you open it up the quad starts to die and acts like its not getting fuel. i already disconected the wide open throttle kill switch. i can ride it around but only at low speed. if you nail it it starts to pick up you can feel the power band but then just falls on its face. the kid i bought it from put a dg pipe on it. i was wondering if i need to rejet the carb for this. if so what size should i put in it? also the needle for the main jet is adjustable. what setting should i put it on. the carb is oem. any othere sagestions?

I DISCONECTED THE BOX AND THE SWITCH AT THE CARB. THE THROTTLE SWITCH IS ALSO DISCONECTED.

if you want to double check unplug the black and white wire that comes out of your cdi box. if it rides correctly then you missed a step if nothing changes than look into other things. my buddys blaster is running a dg and mod. airbox lid with a 260 main and the clip 1 below middle position.

THATS WHAT I WAS THINKING BUT I WAS UNSURE IF I NEED TO CHANGE THE JET FOR THE A/M EXAUST. AND I WAS WRONG ITS THE FMF GOLD SERIES PIPE AND MIFFLER.

don't matter what exhaust if its a/m you have to rejet and you can check what the company recommends for jet sizes. they usually have a jetting help section on their website

Last edited: