Carb Help Please

MTN13

Oct 24, 2008
Michigan/ Ohio
Ok so i got the blaster back together and it will run but not very well, and i can't for the life of me adjust this damn thing right. it will idle ok (a little low), but when i hit the gas it will rev, but it will not come back to idle quickly, it takes a good 10 secs or more to get back to idle. My adjustments did no good, if i adjust the idle up, the engine just wants to detonate, and if i adjust it any lower it will just die

My setup right now
Carb:
28mm keihin pwk
48 pilot
150 main
air screw out two turns
needle is second notch from the top

Engine:
3mm stroker
bored .040 over
head milled .030 off
trail port
v-force three reeds
fmf fatty pipe
power core two silencer

i think thats all, but any input is greatly appreciated

thanks
matt

dude the search button does wonders huh freak???wounder why its hard for ppl to see what it does
wow..... didnt realize people would get offended by a question, was just looking for a quick answer so you can keep your smartass comments to yourself.

oh and btw the link didn't help it said turn the air screw in 1/2 a turn and it did nothing

well what did your builder say about all this ?hes the one to ask as he knows the engine setup and what his combos like best

well what did your builder say about all this ?hes the one to ask as he knows the engine setup and what his combos like best

well your the one that did the port and the head work to my engine, and that steup i have listed came from your suggestion.

I'm gonna try a leak down test today and try to find out if there is a air leak anywhere. Do these have a particular place they like to leak from that i should check first?