Carb help on used blaster

L

lhslax007

I bought an 02 blaster from a guy and it had been sitting for a few months. It started fine for him and ran pretty well but after riding for a minute of so if i come to a stop and let the clutch out in neutral the engine sputters and stalls. After a stall it seems like the engine is not getting gas and needs to sit for several minutes. It needs constant throttle to keep running but not always. Earlier today I let it run for about ten minutes in idle to try and burn out the old gas and suddenly the engine redlined and was very loud. Engine cutoff would not work and turning key to off position would not work. After several seconds the engine cut out. Please help, my friend thinks it might need the carb cleaned?

There are no mods. I'm going to have the carb cleaned but what do you mean "a lean mixutre can do that?" The oil/gas mix? He told me to use 40:1 but i read in another thred i should use 32:1 so I used about 36:1. I also just took it out for a quick ride and it was backfireing alot. Also rapid fire every few seconds at one point.