Carb. Cleaning?

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/how-clean-your-carbureutor-254/

Couldn't ask for anything better.

I'd do one thing different but only because I have some on hand...I'd soak it overnight or for at least 8 hours in "parts dip". $25 a gallon at the Advance or Autozone or NAPA.

It's a great tutorial and he did in fact say that some may have other opinions. My only gripe is that I hate adjustable wrenches. I really despise them. They are indeed a necessary evil but I hate 'em. Sorry, pointless rant but I hate adjustable wrenches. They make me cringe. Worse than gritting teeth. Cold chills surround my spine when I see one and it gets worse as they slip off and even more so when I see the black-n-decker "automatic". Geeze!

Yeah it's carb cleaner that I have but here locally, if you ask for a gallon of carb cleaner, they have no idea what you want. They say, "we have cans". Then you ask for "parts dip" and everything changes.

There is one store here where you can count on true, expert, easy to understand advice...the guy at NAPA. Advance is full idiots and the ones at Autozone are not only ignorant, but arrogant too.

Yeah it's carb cleaner that I have but here locally, if you ask for a gallon of carb cleaner, they have no idea what you want. They say, "we have cans". Then you ask for "parts dip" and everything changes.

There is one store here where you can count on true, expert, easy to understand advice...the guy at NAPA. Advance is full idiots and the ones at Autozone are not only ignorant, but arrogant too.

+1 one to that. The old guys at NAPA around here know their stuff.
I once brought my old Mustang header into NAPA asking how to remove the broke of bolt in it. The guy took it around back and torched it and removed it for me on the spot no charge.
Good luck with even finding someone at Advanced/Autozone do anything like that.