Can't get spark

Kaszycki

Mar 29, 2016
Ohio
I don't know what I am doing wrong I ran all new wires everything is hooked up right good ground.......is there a way to test a stator or coil to see if good. Fresh top end if that makes a difference. Maybe some one has a motor they want to part with....lol

You can ohm out the stator and the coil to check them. The ohm values are in the downloadable service manual.

If you ran all new wires, make sure that the black\white witre isn't going to ground. It will never start that way

Ok thanks for the info I looked it over all wires are correct in pretty sure it's the stator it looks really nasty I don't have a ohm meter but a Test light usually can get it too light I can't so pretty sure it's dead

Ok I got flywheel on got it to kinda start .but problem is now it will pop and back fire as if timing is off but all marks are lined up.

No as long as it wasn't broken or sneered it should be fine. It's just that backfiring can usually be traced to that problem or incorrect timing. Which you say is good. New plug? 32:1 fuel ratio? Checked for leaks? Gas flowing good from gas tank? Hoses to and from carb not linked or broken? No leaking gas? What oil are you mixing? Or injected? Compression test?

Timing is on compression is awesome it has a fresh top end, New carb ,New wire harness, new plug ,New lines ,mixed fuel ,oil pump just unhooked not removed, need to pull transmission cover adjust clutch also New