Cant get it to stay running

You might have an intake leak if it won't idle. Also, you should clean the air filter, clean the carb, and put in a new plug.

i cleaned the air filter and checked the reeds they looked good. i put a new plug in as well still nothin. i heard i should change the transmission oil would that have anything to do with it?

it has aftermarket pipe and silencer its painted over but i think its bills pipe. and i willl have to check the jet again but it does have like a dial a jet or somethin that goes from the bowl on the carb up to the side of the carb and has a dial on it..

the dial a jet works when the air velocity goes up it draws fuel up through the tube and into the intake b4 the slide, it will only add fuel when the throttle is open, you can close the dial on top to see if it makes a difference but don't run it to hard as you may be leaning it out by doing that

its the same thing as whats on yours basically. what did you check or find? also when someone sets a carb up to run alcahol it will have the powerjet like the one in my pic is a alcahol carb. did you have this carb working right before? maybe its setup for alcahol??

I don't know what I did today but took the carb off again and turned the dial all the way in and I could see someone marked it with a red line. So I turned it out three turns and lined up the marks. And blew out the carb one more time and put it back on and it fired right up. But I think there might be a little air leak at the reeds cause it kinda revs high when you let off the throttle but other than that it doesn't bog down or anything.