cant figure it out

pricetc3

Feb 21, 2010
rockledge,fl
alright it seemed lik it was loading up on fuel i cleaned the hell out of the car didnt work the compression was at 150 and held it i put a coil that i know works it came off of my buddys bike and nothing the prob is i can get pulled and start it and after riding for a few i can shut down and it will kick start i even took the little silver box off of his for sh*ts and giggles to see if maybe that would be the prob and he has a 01 and i guess the cdi is different than my 05 so thats the onlything i didnt try and since it runs i figured the stator is good i dont know if theres a way to check the cdi or what any suggestions

Something up with the kick start mechanism,pull off the cover and inspect

Mine done the same thing,as if it didnt have compression but it did,

Just wasnt getting a full kick cause my spring was jacked

Something up with the kick start mechanism,pull off the cover and inspect

Mine done the same thing,as if it didnt have compression but it did,

Just wasnt getting a full kick cause my spring was jacked

wtf u talking about man

to the dude with the problem is your bike all stock with the stock jetting??

i would first check the reeds out and get back to us

i got that after i kicked it a couple pf times but the first kick it only got to like 60 then after i kicked it a couple of times it went up i guess i did the check wrong i figured out that the first kick the comp should jump to 100 or better like my buddies did but i still don know how it still runs but thats what the guy at yamaha told me whats a good kit i found one for 100 bucks any sugestions

it doesn't matter what you get on your first kick, kick it until the guage stops climbing, perferable with a warm motor which isn't a option for you, if your compressions good get the idea of a rebuild out of your head, you don't need it and it still won't run when your done, not the issue here man, and as far as the kick starter, tearing that apart is gonna do you about as much good as the rebuild, non at all, if your reeds are good, make sure your carb is clean and working correctly, next get a spark tester for like $10 and get the ignition diagnosed, spark, fuel, compression are the three basics you start with, verify these three things and go from there, he's a though i just was looking at another post and remember a time a had a flywheel key shear partially and i couldn't get my quad to start cold kicking, once it started it ran awesome, and then hot starts were a problem, it was from having enough extra timing to run good but didn't want to start, just a after though

Last edited:
i pulled off the ignition parts besides the stator and put it on my buddies bike and everything was fine on his bike i just cleaned out the carb and i am going to check the reeds i just wanted to know about this compression thing first and its 5 years old i think a new topend would be good