can someone tell me what yr 200cc blaster motor i have

danstafford

Feb 1, 2012
I got this motor off someone and he told me it was a 2000 but I want be sure. Eng # is 3JM - 000387 please and how can u tell if its been board out with out a mic caliper. He told me it was .20 over cause I have to get rings. This motor is going on a 2000 frame thanks

i am almost sure that all the motors are the same in all year blasters. and if its bored .20, than get a .20 bore kit, and that shpuld come with rings, piston, and maybe bearings....

i am almost sure that all the motors are the same in all year blasters. and if its bored .20, than get a .20 bore kit, and that shpuld come with rings, piston, and maybe bearings....

Wait why would he get a kit if he only wants rings???? He don't know if it's bored 20 over thats what he is asking

I got this motor off someone and he told me it was a 2000 but I want be sure. Eng # is 3JM - 000387 please and how can u tell if its been board out with out a mic caliper. He told me it was .20 over cause I have to get rings. This motor is going on a 2000 frame thanks

Actual engine model is completely irrelevant unless it's an 03-06 in which case the stator wiring has an extra ground that has to be attached to a clean frame ground somewhere.

If you go to the general support section, there's a downloadable blaster manual link at the top of the page. The engine section in there steps you through measuring your cylinder bore and piston size. You can use a vernier, dial, or digital caliper or a micrometer of the proper size

According to my manual 3JM series was used from 1988- 1999!

2000-02 is 5KJ
2003-06 is 5VM

How to measure your cylinder VVVV

dbb14d5e.jpg

Reactions: Awk08
and how can u tell if its been board out with out a mic caliper. He told me it was .20 over cause I have to get rings.

Pretty hard to measure without a measuring device :D. However if all you want to do is throw a set of rings in, clean the top of piston and look for any markings that will indicate size. I:I

Reactions: Awk08
Thanks slick go t it now. Its a 66.40 so it 40 over. Well I have get a piston to , who ever put the piston in. Or something happened but a hole was burnd on the side of piston and an 1/8 of an inch of the lower ring was broke off. But I got lucky and no damage done to the cylinder. Just gona run a hoaner threw it and get a kit when I get the money. I call my bike the budget blaster lol. One more ? Should I run a little rich for brake in time.

Thanks slick go t it now. Its a 66.40 so it 40 over. Well I have get a piston to , who ever put the piston in. Or something happened but a hole was burnd on the side of piston and an 1/8 of an inch of the lower ring was broke off. But I got lucky and no damage done to the cylinder. Just gona run a hoaner threw it and get a kit when I get the money. I call my bike the budget blaster lol. One more ? Should I run a little rich for brake in time.

I always start of a step or two more than i think, then after breakin I plug chop my way to perfection!

Wait, you measured the cylinder and it came up 66.40mm? "40 over" is referring to thousandths of an inch.... so .040" or 1mm oversize (67mm bore)

.4mm is not a good bore. You need to order a .5mm oversize (or .020" or "20 over") piston and have the cylinder bored to match.

Wait, you measured the cylinder and it came up 66.40mm? "40 over" is referring to thousandths of an inch.... so .040" or 1mm oversize (67mm bore)

.4mm is not a good bore. You need to order a .5mm oversize (or .020" or "20 over") piston and have the cylinder bored to match.

Nice save! I didn't even catch that! Listen to the master!

Some manufactures mark their piston sizes for a .1mm margin of error for clearance sake.

Some manufactures mark their piston sizes for a .1mm margin of error for clearance sake.

Well, if you know of a piston manufacturer that does that, can you please divulge that information?

Considering the recommended piston clearance is about .05mm, if they're allowing .1mm clearance, they're going to be blowing pistons apart left and right.

Well, if you know of a piston manufacturer that does that, can you please divulge that information?

Considering the recommended piston clearance is about .05mm, if they're allowing .1mm clearance, they're going to be blowing pistons apart left and right.

they do it that way so the cylinder isn't bored to exactly .05mm, that .01mm is left for honing. or at least thats what i've seen.